Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-07-2012, 08:19 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
Hey!!!... I am 38 darn it! Quit the generalizations and stereotypes!

I do generally hate freemium games in this vein with timers but the theme and quality look really good, and I am an admitted semi-fan of the show! Honestly, I do like the show and never would have watched it if not for my daughters whom I watched it with and was sucked in. The show is genuinely funny though, despite the hate it seems to generate here, and I will have to give this a whirl on both my iPad and the kids iPad as well!
33 Year old brony checking in for duty sir.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
33 Year old brony checking in for duty sir.
I salute you good sir! Bravo Zulu, job well done!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:41 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Lmao
What can I say, I'm a vet with an active duty spouse whose retiring soon! Military is in my blood!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:47 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:

I do generally hate freemium games in this vein with timers but the theme and quality look really good, and I am an admitted semi-fan of the show! Honestly, I do like the show and never would have watched it if not for my daughters whom I watched it with and was sucked in. The show is genuinely funny though, despite the hate it seems to generate here, and I will have to give this a whirl on both my iPad and the kids iPad as well!
Post edited
Old 11-07-2012, 10:40 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

The only problem with this game? You need Wi-Fi

I just got a ton of spare time back now
Old 11-08-2012, 12:55 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Sooooo... has anyone made an add me thread yet? I refuse to use Facebook, so such a thread will most likely be through Gameloft Live. My username is Shakza on there, so friend me if you want.

FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC, Y'ALL!

XD

Ya wanna know what is crazy?

I think these freaking ponies have some actual basic A.I.

I saw a group of them come together in my little Ponyville, pantomime as if they were talking to each other, then all five of them sat down and rested for a bit, then they stood up and went their separate ways. It wasn't a scripted event, it just happened to happen at that point.

The entire time I saw this, the cuteness factor hit a massive 10/10 for me, and I couldn't help but go "awwww!" It was that freaking cute.

This isn't like Dragonvale where the dragons are confined to their habitats; this isn't like Zombie Farm where everything's a freaking sprite; the ponies are actual polygonal models, and a decent level of personality was given to them so that they can interact with each other and show a level of personality I have not seen in a freemium game yet.

Sure, it's still a freemium city builder, but it has completely won me over with the combo of cuteness and a decent amount of effort into the visual portrayals of the characters. Highly recommended for those that adore cuteness; this game's dripping with it.

Last edited by MrAlbum; 11-08-2012 at 01:15 AM..
Old 11-08-2012, 01:19 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:

30 year old brony reporting!
Don't like freemium games either, but the first 15 minutes so far were very entertaining and the art style is great.
I squee'd a little when I heard Nicole Oliver's voice doing an official new intro for the game exclusively followed by Tara Strong and Cathy Weseluck when the actual game started. Even Tabitha St Germain (Nightmare Moon) is in it!
Hopefully we get to hear Ashleigh Ball and Andrea Libman as well. Then my life is officially complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
This game is going to explode due to the stupid Pony fad that somehow seems to have suckered in a large number of meme-savvy guys between the ages of 15 and 38 as well as the young girls it was aiming for.
...and this is how the wrong train of thought and reason gets started and thus why some people don't understand why (male) adults get into it.
The misconception here is that many think people like yourself believe it's exclusively targeted at little girls only, but this is entirely incorrect.
Source? Lauren Faust -the brainchild- herself.
She aimed at both little girls and parents (adults) alike to make it interesting to watch for all parties.
What she didn't expect to happen is that the same effect worked just as well for adults *without* having any children to like the show just as much if not more.
The rest is history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlbum View Post
Sooooo... has anyone made an add me thread yet? I refuse to use Facebook, so such a thread will most likely be through Gameloft Live. My username is Shakza on there, so friend me if you want.
Added you! (Pony_1982)

Last edited by Pony; 11-08-2012 at 01:39 AM..
Old 11-08-2012, 01:33 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
...and this is how the wrong train of thought and reason gets started and thus why some people don't understand why (male) adults get into it.
The misconception here is that many think people like yourself believe it's exclusively targeted at little girls only, but this is entirely incorrect.
Source? Lauren Faust -the brainchild- herself.
She aimed at both little girls and parents (adults) alike to make it interesting to watch for all parties.
What she didn't expect to happen is that the same effect worked just as well for adults *without* having any children to like the show just as much if not more.
The rest is history.
That doesn't sound exclusive to MLP if you ask me. It still doesn't really account for the memes. Sometimes the internet just gets a hold of random stuff and makes it big, there's no real formula behind it.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:43 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
That doesn't sound exclusive to MLP if you ask me. It still doesn't really account for the memes. Sometimes the internet just gets a hold of random stuff and makes it big, there's no real formula behind it.
Oh but I never claimed it's exclusive to MLP, because in that respect you are entirely correct.
Was merely clearing up that there was actual intention behind the creation process to make it more appealing for older audiences versus just young girls alone (as was the case with the previous generations of the show.)
This is something that many people don't realize as they associate it to the same sappy 80's cartoon that set the standard back then.

Last edited by Pony; 11-08-2012 at 02:05 AM..
Old 11-08-2012, 01:54 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
This game is going to explode due to the stupid Pony fad that somehow seems to have suckered in a large number of meme-savvy guys between the ages of 15 and 38 as well as the young girls it was aiming for.
[Insult removed]

Have you watched the show?

I was lucky enough to get forced into it by my daughters who loved it, and I'm happy to say that, at least the first season, it is one of the best written kids TV shows out there (it stands next to Phineas and Ferb, but a fair distance from Adventure Time, which I swear is almost more for adults than kids...).

It was written by the head of Powerpuff Girls, another brilliantly written forkidsbutalsoforadukts show.

Just because a show is aimed and created to focus on young girls doesn't relegate it to only being that. Do I love the show enough to watch it on my own? Not entirely, but [insult removed] Up, Toy Story, Monsters Inc... Should we not watch or enjoy those because they're targeted to kids?

The fad wouldn't be there if it didn't have merit. The show is well written and is incredibly funny. It's a breath of fresh air in a genre that has been pretty terrible (Anyone with daughters ever have to suffer through, ugh, Horseland?). Yes it is stuffed to the brim with morals and won't close out the show without everything being wrapped up in a nice bow, but the same can be said for Adventure Time, and that's not only the best kids show out there, it's one of the funniest comedies on any network.

So, to summarize my TL;DR/Cool story, bro message:

[Insult removed] The show rocks.

Last edited by Red1; 11-10-2012 at 02:37 PM..