★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rijnton View Post
I asked this already a few days ago but didn't get a reply yet, so I ask again.
Maybe it is a silly question but nevertheless. (English is not my native language).
What exactly is "Jabbing" and what is "Dash Punching" ?
There's not a big difference between the two anymore. Dash punching used to be tapping the right thumb punch slowly and steadily. Jabbing used to be tapping the right thumb punch really fast. The difference was that jabs slowed you down, dash punches made you faster.

That was kind of confusing, so in the first update we just made both right-thumb punches speed you up.

RocketCat Games: Creators of Wayward Souls, Punch Quest, Mage Gauntlet and Hook Worlds
Check out our new game Wayward Souls at www.rocketcatgames.com/wayward/
@rocketcatgames on Twitter
11-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 310
There's still a difference I believe in that jabs won't trigger Explosive fist for instance.

11-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 53
Has there been a fix submitted for the "Ki Barrage 20 enemies" quest yet? I have 23/20 after a run and it didn't give me any indication that it was completed.

Sorry if this has been asked before
11-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitrobo View Post
Has there been a fix submitted for the "Ki Barrage 20 enemies" quest yet? I have 23/20 after a run and it didn't give me any indication that it was completed.

Sorry if this has been asked before
Have you updated to 1.2.1? I thought we fixed this one already.

RocketCat Games: Creators of Wayward Souls, Punch Quest, Mage Gauntlet and Hook Worlds
Check out our new game Wayward Souls at www.rocketcatgames.com/wayward/
@rocketcatgames on Twitter
11-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepa View Post
Have you updated to 1.2.1? I thought we fixed this one already.
yes sir I have 1.2.1 loaded
11-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitrobo View Post
yes sir I have 1.2.1 loaded
Ok, will check this out

RocketCat Games: Creators of Wayward Souls, Punch Quest, Mage Gauntlet and Hook Worlds
Check out our new game Wayward Souls at www.rocketcatgames.com/wayward/
@rocketcatgames on Twitter
11-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepa View Post
Ok, will check this out
actually I just re-did the quest and it's OK now... that was kinda weird
11-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitrobo View Post
Has there been a fix submitted for the "Ki Barrage 20 enemies" quest yet? I have 23/20 after a run and it didn't give me any indication that it was completed.
This happened to me just a little while ago, and yes I'm also playing on version 1.2.1. The "Ki Barrage 20 enemies" quest was in the 3rd quest slot. In a single run, I completed it and another quest in the 1st quest slot (forgot which one). The 1st quest did the little animation and was replaced with a new quest, and the Ki Barrage quest just sat there showing "21/20." It was reset back to 0/20 at the start of the next run.
11-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentganon View Post
This happened to me just a little while ago, and yes I'm also playing on version 1.2.1. The "Ki Barrage 20 enemies" quest was in the 3rd quest slot. In a single run, I completed it and another quest in the 1st quest slot (forgot which one). The 1st quest did the little animation and was replaced with a new quest, and the Ki Barrage quest just sat there showing "21/20." It was reset back to 0/20 at the start of the next run.
during the next run it should properly reward you after you complete it.. that's what happened to me
11-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepa View Post
There's not a big difference between the two anymore. Dash punching used to be tapping the right thumb punch slowly and steadily. Jabbing used to be tapping the right thumb punch really fast. The difference was that jabs slowed you down, dash punches made you faster.

That was kind of confusing, so in the first update we just made both right-thumb punches speed you up.
Actually, that idea sounds kind of awesome. Have you thought about having a tap versus a hold do something different?