Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-09-2012, 01:59 AM

I`m on it. Expect the usual when I`m back from Breakfast :-)
Old 11-09-2012, 02:18 AM

who plays in this game ?
Old 11-09-2012, 04:25 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Doing a brief look, it's your standard Farmville / Dragonvale fare (as one would expect).

It looks like they were smart in that you can't just own a few dozen figures, throw the codes in and instantly level up to 20 or something. Likewise, the Skylanders figures are separate from the "town population" you need to staff certain buildings.

So unless there are character-specific quests, you won't miss out on anything other than the Element of the Day if you don't have a particular Skylander - it's not going to stop you mid-game and say "Go buy Legendary Trigger Happy to play any further!"

You can use gems to buy the Skylander of your choice, or when you level up you'll periodically get rewarded with a random Skylander. If you spend gems (the usual "premium currency") to buy a Skylander and later purchase the physical figure and put the code in, the game will refund those gems, which I thought was a nice touch.

Basically, if you want another Farmville with a Skylanders theme, you'll probably like it. If not, wait for Skylanders Battlegrounds, which they've confirmed DOESN'T require the portal or $50 starter pack to be playable - you can buy the ~$6 app by itself.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:36 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdragoon19 View Post
Wow, I actually got excited there for a second..
Ha ha same here and then i remembered it was the usual Farmville type IAP game.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:57 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

can't wait for the battlegrounds!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 06:42 AM

Default Game Impressions

I`m reall asking myself if that`s the right Way to milk the Sklander Franchise on iOS.

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-09-2012 at 11:38 PM..
Old 11-09-2012, 07:27 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

I think if every one of these games didn't start the exact same way it might change my mind about one of them. "We need a building! Open your bag to construct it. Wow, that'll take a long time to build (2 minutes). Use a gem to speed it up! Cool, you got 3 gems as a reward for spending 1 gem because that's how economy works!"
They ALL start with this same stupid lesson, and the first ten minutes is always the same. Maybe that's why Happy Street struck a good chord with everyone. It was actually different enough that they were able to hide the worthless grind until 20 days of play.
Worthless game. Delete.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:23 PM
iPad

I'm playing this and it's enjoyable enough. Not all that different from your standard freemium farmville fare but if you're a fan of Skylanders you'll probably get some enjoyment out of it. It's always nice to have one more thing you can do with your figures and since I have 50+ of them it's kinda neat.

Interested to see what the social aspect will bring when they start that.

But more importantly I can't wait for Battlegrounds.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:34 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysmash View Post
Wow, that'll take a long time to build (2 minutes). Use a gem to speed it up! Cool, you got 3 gems as a reward for spending 1 gem because that's how economy works!
They ALL start with this same stupid lesson, and the first ten minutes is always the same.
And if you actually SPEND that gem to speed it up, instead of waiting the two minutes to get the building AND keep the gem, that's the reason why they keep repeating that lesson.

Because you haven't completed it correctly in any game yet.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:09 PM

Does anyone know where I can find contact info for the developer? There's a huge bug in the game where your Skylanders disappear. Their portrait says "In Use" but they're nowhere to be found. Many people are experiencing this bug, myself included.