Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games > Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals

Old 11-08-2012, 01:04 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
I don't think it's possible to buy it twice
But you can always gift to your friends. ;-)
Old 11-08-2012, 01:07 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
I like you already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
But you can always gift to your friends. ;-)
Exactly.

I think that's probably the best way possible to support a dev rather than encouraging more inApp stuff.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:11 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Err... didn't this game get really bad reviews?

I know it's just a buck, but a buck goes a long way on the app store.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:25 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
Err... didn't this game get really bad reviews?

I know it's just a buck, but a buck goes a long way on the app store.
It got some controversial bad reviews. The Touch Arcade review said almost nothing about the actual game and the one accurate message in it was that it was a fairly faithful representation of a NES game, which clearly the reviewer did not appreciate.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:52 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by smegly View Post
It got some controversial bad reviews. The Touch Arcade review said almost nothing about the actual game and the one accurate message in it was that it was a fairly faithful representation of a NES game, which clearly the reviewer did not appreciate.
guess it depends on the person, or mabe they expected more. but sounds like controls were an issue and they were mabe fixed in the update?

i know this isn't my kind of game so i would not but it. but i'd review it for free(if it ever goes free) as an independent on its gameplay/story fun factor etc.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:26 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggles View Post
i know this isn't my kind of game so i would not but it. but i'd review it for free(if it ever goes free) as an independent on its gameplay/story fun factor etc.
I don't know, I think it's better when a reviewer at least likes the genre of stuff they are reviewing. Still for free it's always easier to try something out of your wheelhouse and review it for pure control issues and stuff.

I played through the first level so far and the controls are tight. I had zero issues with them and I'm very picky about platformer controls. It literally feels like playing an NES classic game. The scrolling isn't just fixed to letting you move right.. you can also move left. So it's got a bit of that later in life NES game rather than the early days where if you moved Right there was no going back. I read nothing as far as what to do in the game so it took me till fairly far into the level to realize the statues of hands are destroyable.

Any fan of NES platformers I think would enjoy this game. Once I play through more of it tonight I'll come back tomorrow and post more feedback unless Angry Birds Star Wars ends up eating all of my game time.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:15 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

If by 'bad reviews' you mean a really bad review (on TouchArcade) then yes. The critic didn't like it. Which is fine, power to him, ya know? He's paid to give his opinion. But it got people pretty riled up. Generally elsewhere it's done really well. Particularly in the magazines. Got a lovely review from GamesTM magazine on my wall

Even the positive reviews did say that the controls were a little too small for their fingers, so I enlarged the touch area for the controls in an update and everybody seems happy.

I really can't make MANOS free unless I pack it out with IAPs and generally I really believe in selling a whole product as it is, even if it's a dying tradition to do so.