Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-05-2012, 11:33 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys, and the feedback

We are currently discussing a new Anthill Infinity game with multiple infinity levels, new enemies, ant upgrades and "superpowers". All this depends on how well the current Anthill game sells.

So far the US sales stats have been dissapointing. We would love to continue developing Anthill but as always, money talks.

/Tobias, Lead artist
Old 02-14-2012, 01:33 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

I must say that Anthill is a very, very nice game. Polished, charming and clever, occasionally challenging and always rewarding.

I also think Anthill might represent one possible evolution for the RTS genre on iOS. Add another 10 units, a few buildings (one defensive structure, the others to unlock and upgrade units, for instance), possibly (though not necessarily) another source of resources (but not many, to steer clear of the resource inflation of the RTS genre in the early 2000s), some few additional tactical choices, and either a robust single player experience, or competitive online game, and we'd be playing a very competent and entertaining RTS, one that retains the tactical and strategic layers of the genre, but offers a novel and much improved control scheme that actually contributes to the experience instead of .

Old RTS veterans would probably find the lack of direct control frustrating at first (though this could partially be alleviated with airborne attack units like Anthill's bombers, and some few hero units that could be directed with traditional RTS mechanics), but once used to this new way of thinking and directing troops, many would probably find that drawing pheromone trails instead allows them to focus all the more on overarching strategy and large-scale tactics.

Do note that I am NOT saying that this game is what Anthill should have been I'm just using Anthill as an analogy and example of mechanics and control schemes that would allow devs to produce RTS experiences for iOS without the traditional control hurdles, and where the touch interface actually contributes to the gameplay and entertainment.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default free

its free
Old 11-08-2012, 08:43 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

I've been trying to purchase the new campaign but it keeps saying that it's unavailable... =o/
Old 11-08-2012, 02:24 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I've been trying to purchase the new campaign but it keeps saying that it's unavailable... =o/
Me too
Old 11-08-2012, 02:42 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLW View Post
Me too
Hmmm... Glad its not just me, and hope its fixed soon. I can't wait to get into the new content. =oD
Old 11-08-2012, 02:49 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I've just looked at their Facebook page, and they know about the problem, and are working on it.
The new upgrades can be used on the current levels, finally something to do with all my extra stars.
Also there's a nice Anthill wallpaper (with different versions for iPad iPhone etc) on their website too.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:17 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

The new campaign works now, it's great.

Ignore all the people saying on the Anthill facebook page that you need to repurchase the campaign on each device you have installed the game on - of course you don't, it works like any other non-consumable IAP. Just click restore purchases under Options.