Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-08-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoup4crr View Post
You might even be able to get away with using 2 priests and no bard...spec'ed that way.
you can't use 2 of the same classes.

but i suspect that a bard and cleric combo is required. what was your class composition?
Old 11-08-2012, 06:01 PM

Paladin, bard, rogue, Mage, hunter
Old 11-08-2012, 06:02 PM

the way i see it, at the bare minimum, your entire party needs 300 HP. unless you are incredibly lucky, at some point during the fight, the boss is going to hit someone other than your pally and then do an AOE attack in the same turn. that's going to be around 300 HP.

and then even if everyone in your party can survive a 300 HP hit, you still have to be able to heal through a constant 150 HP attack nearly every turn.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:26 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Looks like everyone already has their own take on the best farming/leveling teams, but here's mine:

Best possible AOE composition in my opinion, with video demonstration of vs 7 lvl 30 missingNo:

Cleave warrior tank, Volley Hunter, Meteor Mage, Hurricane Shaman, Dissonance Bard
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCypaQKD9IY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCypaQKD9IY[/URL]
Old 11-08-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajohnson1 View Post
the way i see it, at the bare minimum, your entire party needs 300 HP. unless you are incredibly lucky, at some point during the fight, the boss is going to hit someone other than your pally and then do an AOE attack in the same turn. that's going to be around 300 HP.

and then even if everyone in your party can survive a 300 HP hit, you still have to be able to heal through a constant 150 HP attack nearly every turn.
that's true if you want to prepare for every possible scenario (although, I think 340 is closer to the number - my mage was hit for 172 plus the ~165 from the AoE). I kind of just went for probabilities. I could heal for 90 every turn with my bard. Add in equipment and other bonuses, and i could heal a little over 100 on all my characters. Some were higher. Regardless, what that meant is that I could survive 3 AoE attacks on consecutive turns, but not 4. I just had to hope it didn't happen (in truth, I don't think i ever had more than 2 consecutive turns with the AoE attack. but I might be wrong there).

However, none of my characters (other than the paladin) had enough life to survive a hit+AoE. But once my flash heals started rolling, I was looking at 92% threat...and was hoping to avoid too much attention on my non-tank characters. They could survive a single AoE or a single attack (sometimes, the attacks were split among characters), but not both.

I lost my mage to an attack plus AoE on turn 2, and basically 4-manned it the rest of the way. I also lost my bard on the final turn to a double attack.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokychops View Post
Looks like everyone already has their own take on the best farming/leveling teams, but here's mine:

Best possible AOE composition in my opinion, with video demonstration of vs 7 lvl 30 missingNo:

Cleave warrior tank, Volley Hunter, Meteor Mage, Hurricane Shaman, Dissonance Bard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCypaQKD9IY
nice videos!

mine's pretty close to yours, except i have a pally to soak up some damage. you should throw an elite in those runs. gives some bonus cash.

by the way, i don't think that group will ever be able to take the final boss. but i'd love to see you do it!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:10 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajohnson1 View Post
nice videos!

mine's pretty close to yours, except i have a pally to soak up some damage. you should throw an elite in those runs. gives some bonus cash.

by the way, i don't think that group will ever be able to take the final boss. but i'd love to see you do it!
haha thanks. yeah that's the only thing I'm slightly worried about. I still have a while to farm before I can get the four ring x4 on everyone though so I can't really put up a good attempt yet, but if I'm successful I'll definitely post an update.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:43 PM

Paladin/Bard/Hunter/Mage/Rogue a solid team? Any changes?
Old 11-08-2012, 08:47 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
i would still stick with it -- especially gui --
thanks for choosing me <3 haha

also, the vids... wow, nice grinding team you have and I'm sorry but I must tell you that when I saw your 1st attempt to epic-boss battle... dude •••Spoiler:  I laughed really out loud that I woke up my mom when 'mom' threw you a meteor

Old 11-08-2012, 10:39 PM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
You can't really stack hunters or mages because heart strike and fireball effects don't stack. I would definitely go paladin/bard/hunter/hunter/hunter if they did. So, I think I would keep my group as is. I'd like to hear about others' experiences with the other classes, though.
In my team, my Shaman, Mage and Hunter's damage over time stacks. 150++ per turn for the poor enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelchild View Post
starcat, thanks for the reply. i am not asking for an easy button. i am asking if it were possible in the mechanics for the game to be able to swap people in and out without having to start from zero penalty.
If you're playing a tabletop RPG live, imagine a new friend joining in your game, he would start at level 1, and it would also be more fun that way cause he gets the chance to have an experience leveling up in the game. The same principle goes in this game too so I say keep the new character level at 1.