Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-09-2012, 05:51 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Okay, I have to admit, this looks fun! I'll bite! Smashing the buy button!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:53 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Well for (i presume) a one man band i think its really good. I dont do facebook/twitter but i'm happy to help you with a good review as i'm enjoying it so far (just been playing more). Looking forward to future updates, thanks
Yep - missions, achievements and game centre would all add to this but it is good as is and I'll play until I unlock all them weapons. I'll definitely review on iTunes too. Do that screen flip though.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Hey Sakis25, user "Sanuku" usually makes lengthy videos of games which he posts in these forums. They usually help a lot of people decide if a game is worth buying or not. Videos are usually 10-12 minutes long. Sometimes he makes 20-minute videos, and the last video he made about the Star Wars Angry Birds add-on of the Jedi Master was 45 minutes long!!!! Maybe you can give him a promo code that I'm sure you have so that he can make the video.

EDIT: I have just bought it, since the video on the first page looks good. Dual stick shooter zombie-killer with free roaming. Fantastic! I love these kind of games. It will go to the same folder as Payback 2. I will post impressions as soon as I play it.

EDIT 2 (bug report): Game is quite good, but cars don't brake. They should brake when you hit the brake button, but they stop at the same rythm as if you just release the accelerator.

Last edited by VirtualBoyFreak; 11-09-2012 at 07:17 AM..
Old 11-09-2012, 07:02 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Well just bought the game, relieved as the game is fine for me, i thought most people played with the home button on the right ?

Anyway really enjoying it, good atmospheric game, like the 'fly in' at the beginning until it goes to the over head view. Nice and easy to get a car and drive it. The dual sticks work well on foot. Plus the file has a great small size which is handy.

Well worth the money, looking forward to future updates. Nice purchase.

I know you find people to save but in a future update (or sequel) would be great to have some missions to do as well.
Why do you think that Psj? I always play with home on my left. Then again I am a lefty. But I see no reason to assume people tilt their phone the way you do, unless it's a right thing...because you've probably seen a lot more righties playing games then lefties. :shrug:
Old 11-09-2012, 07:14 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Just want to pipe in and say one thing
I'm a LEFTY too!
LEFTIES UNITE!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:19 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Why do you think that Psj? I always play with home on my left. Then again I am a lefty. But I see no reason to assume people tilt their phone the way you do, unless it's a right thing...because you've probably seen a lot more righties playing games then lefties. :shrug:
Well everyone i know is a 'rightie' and play that way, plus i've seen a lot of threads where people ask for auto-rotate, when i try the game its because the home button is on the left. Also like the home button on the right as the corner of my hand isnt pressing against the on/off button. But either way most games should be set to auto-rotate to please everyone !
Old 11-09-2012, 07:31 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Wow... This seems pretty darn good from all the impression so far... I think I might take the plunge!

Edit: Just noticed something... In the OP it says "Limited price 0.99 cents!!" but the game is 1.99...

Edit: So now I'm wondering... To those who bought the game already, how big is the map? How many cars and weapons are there? Just gameplay get repetitive after a while?

Last edited by ninjackid; 11-09-2012 at 07:37 AM..
Old 11-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Edit: Just noticed something... In the OP it says "Limited price 0.99 cents!!" but the game is 1.99...
When you click the link to the App Store, it is actually $.99 in the US. Not sure why it still shows $1.99 in the OP.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:54 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
When you click the link to the App Store, it is actually $.99 in the US. Not sure why it still shows $1.99 in the OP.
AppShopper as well... Perhaps it hasn't propagated across servers to reflect it, but as you said, I too bought it for 99 despite everywhere saying it is $1.99...
Old 11-09-2012, 08:07 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Wow... This seems pretty darn good from all the impression so far... I think I might take the plunge!

Edit: So now I'm wondering... To those who bought the game already, how big is the map? How many cars and weapons are there? Just gameplay get repetitive after a while?
I bought it. The game is 0.99, just go to the App store and check it.

I find the map a bit small, with not too much to see in it. There are several weapons which you have to unlock, you just begin with the gun. Been playing for 30 minutes in both game modes (survival and free roaming) but haven't unlocked any new weapon yet.

There are several cars and trucks, and the models look great. It's cool to see that when you get in a car, the life bar of the car is not 100%, but it is random. This is a cool touch, since in a post-apocalyptic world I don't think cars would be 100% new anywhere

I have stopped playing now because I found it to get repetitive. The game has a lot of potential, but at the moment I don't find there are many things to do aside from moving around killing zombies. Difficulty is on the easy side, at least for me. Get into a car and go squashing zombies. When the car is nearly destroyed, get into another and continue... I got a better impression of the game in the video than after playing it. When compared with Payback 2 (I think it's the most similar game to be compared with, even though they are both quite different) I prefer Payback 2 much, much more as both games are now.

What I see that should be changed/added in extinction 3D to get it much better is:

- Cars should brake better.
- Car physics: when crashing into a city lamp, the car halts, and after the lamp falls. I think that having the car crash a bit (as when you crash into cars) would be better.
- customize button layout: car turning buttons are too near each other for me. It would be great if you gave people the option of moving the control buttons around to suit everyone's needs.
- Difficulty levels: easy, normal, hard. I find it too easy now.
- A city map.
- Auto-rotate screen (I'm a rightie and okay with current layout, but everyone should be able to grab the phone as they want, because I feel very uncomfortable when I cannot hold it the way I want).
- More cities, or even random city generation (if viable, of course, because I know this is difficult to program).
- More graphical details: there's an invisible wall which doesn't allow you to go into the river. Instead of an invisible wall, there could be a real stone wall or something like that. I also miss more destructible things in the city, not just trees and city lights. What about traffic lights, phone cabins, bus stops, etc.? That would give a better look to the city.

I've also seen some weapons in the city which seem to be unaccesible. Is access to them possible, or are they placed just for decoration purposes?

I don't want to seem too critic with the game, it's okay as it is. I just find it could be much, much better with some tweaking here and there.

On a side note, does the intro make people feel dizzy, or is it just me? I didn't cope too well with the still images of the back and the text flowing on them. I felt as if the images were moving down, which made me feel dizzy. Of course, this could just be me and my eyesight luckily, it only happens with the intro. The game is fine.

Last edited by VirtualBoyFreak; 11-09-2012 at 08:09 AM..