★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iCade compatibility list/wishlist

10-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Icade, imame, iPad 2 and iOS6

Hi everyone

Just a question. I had imame working perfectly with the icade in iOS 5 on my iPad but since I've upgraded to ios6 imame doesn't seem to "see" the icade anymore. The icade works fine with the Atari app etc and is connecting fine with the Bluetooth. Does any know this is a known issue or any way to help at all?

Thanks a million

Garret
10-24-2012, 02:38 PM
I've noticed this too but not sure why its happening. What I do to get around it is go to Options in iMame and toggle the Control Layout option from iCade to iCP and back then tap the OK button and your iCade should be detected.

- Les

10-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Hey Les

Thanks for the reply. I literally just figured that out before I read your post but thank you so much for the help. If I just hit options and then ok it just sees it I don't even have to change anything. Weird but at least I can get back to playing out run now! Thanks!

Garret
10-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Muffin Knight is on sale now. It’s supposed to be like Super Crate Box which I thought worked well on iCade... downloading now!

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Grids are better: DotSpace (Forum thread)
11-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Anyone know if Wreck-it Ralph supports iCade? http://appshopper.com/games/wreck-it-ralph-2 Fix-it Felix did and so I thought this one might too.
11-09-2012, 05:49 PM
I can't get the right and down directions to work in Wreck it Ralph or Fix it Felix Jr. They both work natively with the iCade as far as the fix it button, but the directions aren't playable for me. I also tried using Blu-Trol also to no avail.
11-10-2012, 10:10 AM
That’s odd—maybe there’s a bug in the latest Felix update (I can’t test now). I know it USED to work for me in Fix it Felix!

P.S. I just grabbed Shuttle Scuttle on $1 sale. Haven’t tried it yet, but it looks vaguely Asteroids-like, but without momentum? Anyway, worth a buck judging by the video. Mostly good reviews except for the controls... and iCade may solve that.

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Grids are better: DotSpace (Forum thread)
11-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Just grabbed Beatdown from Ravenous Games, and it's a pretty stellar beat 'em up! iCade support obviously.

I'd like to see a double tap to run and a coin and upgrade system added though. Take some more cues from River City Ransom!
11-16-2012, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frasermorgan View Post
Just grabbed Beatdown from Ravenous Games, and it's a pretty stellar beat 'em up! iCade support obviously.

I'd like to see a double tap to run and a coin and upgrade system added though. Take some more cues from River City Ransom!
Thanks for the mention on that. I saw that game in Wed's release article and was wondering if it had iCade support. I'll have to grab it.
11-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_Kev View Post
Thanks for the mention on that. I saw that game in Wed's release article and was wondering if it had iCade support. I'll have to grab it.
No problem! I know for me that iCade support is a major influence in my decision to get a game! Love to help y'all out. . It's definitely a fun game .