Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-12-2012, 07:21 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default ICY TOWER 2 (by Free Lunch Design) - Universal app

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-24-2012 at 05:30 PM..
Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Omg!!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:40 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Frankly, I hate the controls. High-jumping is not reliable. It never works when I'm actually trying to do it, or need it. Maybe a separate button or something would be helpful?

That, and the IAP wall is very steep.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:43 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Frankly, I hate the controls. High-jumping is not reliable. It never works when I'm actually trying to do it, or need it. Maybe a separate button or something would be helpful?

Damn it, you destroyed all my hopes :P
Will have to wait a few more hours until I can play it, bad Internet Connection at work :/
Old 11-12-2012, 07:52 AM
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

game no playable,crash every time
Old 11-12-2012, 08:19 AM

First of all, thanks for trying the game out! We've worked long and hard with it! (did I just write long and hard? I guess I did) Anyway, we are really happy to receive feedback, so feel free to post away in this thread or email us directly at info (at) freelunchdesign dot com (Or PM here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post

There are both touch and tilt controls in the game, perhaps you should try switching to another control method to see if it works better for you. You can do this under the yellow button in the main menu, then tapping the cogwheels and then you should see the options of touch control in the top of the menu.

Regarding the IAP, yeah, that is always a question for big debate. You can come quite far with only grinding, especially if you focus on upgrading the "right" things to the max (coin magnet, I'm looking your way). But I respect your opinion. IAP is not for everybody, but if you are a decent player you can still compete with anyone who have unlocked everything. We playtested over and over and over again to make it as balanced as possible. The reason we have IAPs is that we are a company and hoping to generate revenue from the game, as it cost us money to develop it The other way would be to make a paid app without IAP, but we would rather have lots of none paying users than few paying users, as this is the tradition of the game (Icy Tower was originally released for PC over 10 years ago).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeNoMeN View Post
game no playable,crash every time
I'm sorry to hear this, if you could send us an email with info on what device you use and how the crash looks, we would greatly appreciate it!

There is an update in the pipeline which will solve quite a few bugs and improve performance, hopefully this will make the game work for you.

Best regards,

FLD team
Old 11-12-2012, 09:08 AM

Default Game Impressions

Old 11-12-2012, 09:49 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I've played a few rounds and this isn't as bad as mentioned. Actually I'm really enjoying it. I've earned a lot of coins by completing stunts (missions) so I could upgrade the first power-up after 3 Games. Maybe the later upgrades are too expensive but we will see.
Controls: I've seen worse tilt controls but they are far away from being good. I prefer the touch controls, this can be changed in the options.
@ devs: Game Center is not logging in automatically + my scores have not been submitted to gc, which is really annoying, would be great if you can fix this and maybe you can add some GC-Achievements
Old 11-12-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
It's ok pretty laggy though.
Thanks for the feedback. The next update, which should be out this week have a lot of performance tweaks and fixes. Hopefully this should solve the problems you are experiencing. If not, please send us an email with a more detailed report + what device you are using and we'll look into it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
Controls: I've seen worse tilt controls but they are far away from being good. I prefer the touch controls, this can be changed in the options.
Controls is always a big issue, as people tend to like different things. I'm happy that you find the touch controls useful though. I prefer them myself when playing on iPad, for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
@ devs: Game Center is not logging in automatically + my scores have not been submitted to gc, which is really annoying, would be great if you can fix this and maybe you can add some GC-Achievements
Thanks for letting us know, we'll look into this and getting the achievements in are on the list for future updates as well!

Best regards,

FLD team
Old 11-15-2012, 06:12 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

No love for this game? I'm enjoying it a lot. After the second start of the app I received 7.500 free coins, which is a lot. It's free, give it a try The only issue I have is the fact that Game Center is not working.