Rage of the Gladiator - (by Gamelion) [Universal]

10-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Good trailer,will be checking for this.
11-12-2012, 04:41 AM
Rage of the Gladiator coming Nov. 21st to App Store

Rage of the Gladiator is now approved by Apple and will be available for purchase on Nov. 21st.

Please contact me to receive a free promo code already now if you would like to write a review for the TA forum community.

For best experience higher end devices like iPhone 4s, 5, iPad 2, 3 or 4 are recommended.

We'll be also releasing an in-game trailer early this week.

11-12-2012, 06:08 AM
Just to be sure, by "premium" they do mean no IAPs right?
11-12-2012, 06:46 AM
I just got a code and I'm at work right now so can't play it as of yet but I must say that just from opening the app you can see right away the quality of the game. Ill post impressions soon.
11-12-2012, 06:50 AM
I just got a code too. Will post impressions soon.
11-12-2012, 07:00 AM
just got the code too.. will play through the night and post some impressions on the game
11-12-2012, 10:32 AM
So the thing is this game is really polished. It's a port of a wii game too, sort of.

The core mechanic of the game is like dark meadow, and blood and gory. Nothing really innovative there. Where this game sets apart is the pretty glorious cutscenes both during matches and before. Also, there is some cheesy voice acting too. The game is played to who can win 3 rounds first, so you can consider it such that you have 3lives.

IAPs are there but pretty out of sight. Even then they are not ridiculous. Three option of 1, 5, and 10 dollar IAPs. Played 5 bosses on novice so far. Coins are maybe, just maybe, a lil too slow. But I can't say for certainty that. 11 bosses over 3 difficulty levels.

All n all, a pretty decent game. Not sure ow much they're gonna price it, but anything between 3-5 dollars seems like a good buy to me.
11-12-2012, 11:31 AM
I loved this on the Wii. It was like a fantasy Punch Out. There is a similar game already on the app store, but RotG blows it away. I messaged the dev and hopefully will get a promo code so I can see how well it runs on the iPhone 3GS, since they recommend an iPhone 4s and above.
11-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
So the thing is this game is really polished. It's a port of a wii game too, sort of.

The core mechanic of the game is like dark meadow, and blood and gory. Nothing really innovative there. Where this game sets apart is the pretty glorious cutscenes both during matches and before. Also, there is some cheesy voice acting too. The game is played to who can win 3 rounds first, so you can consider it such that you have 3lives.

IAPs are there but pretty out of sight. Even then they are not ridiculous. Three option of 1, 5, and 10 dollar IAPs. Played 5 bosses on novice so far. Coins are maybe, just maybe, a lil too slow. But I can't say for certainty that. 11 bosses over 3 difficulty levels.

All n all, a pretty decent game. Not sure ow much they're gonna price it, but anything between 3-5 dollars seems like a good buy to me.
My initial impressions off the promo code is pretty much like this. The game is a waaay better Blood and Glory type of game, but is set in a first person perspective. In my opinion i think the coins gain is just a little slow, but it may be balanced depending on the pricing model.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Really enjoying this. Game is polished to the max and is running silky smooth on my 4s. I'm really impressed so. Will continue playing and post more impressions