Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-11-2012, 05:39 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSE_Tim View Post
Thanks for the comments, we've got some super talented artists

The iPad3 should be the worst performance out of any of the iPads. We don't support iPad1, and in relation to the iPad3, the iPad2 has 1/4 the pixels to draw and the iPad4 has 2x the power.
Was going to buy this, but after reading that it's only for an Ipad4.... and Ipad3 is the worse...
Not even going to bother... if it does need that much power... you just delivered a crap game.. Ipad4 is out for a week. What makes this so different than all the other 10.000 lookalike games.. that can run on a Ipad 2, 3 ??
Old 11-11-2012, 05:41 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Somehow I missed the announcement, and consequently the sale. Screen shots look great! Good luck with the game. Wizard of Oz always been a particular favorite movie of mine.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
-- For owners of the iPad2 and newer iPads only--
Quote:
We don't support iPad1
So as it seems few devs care about owners of the first iPad... Thanks 4 that!
Lazy Devs...

But as you wish, I will then not buy any of your games. Even when I got an iPad 4+ or what ever one.

"Pfff... Shall they buy a new iPad. Not our fault. Blame Apple..."
Yeah, it is Apples fault, that is true. Not enough RAM and not enough CPU power. And Apple knew that when they published the first iPad.
Especially the RAM problem was avoidable.

But some Devs care and some not.
Some try to find a way to let their games run on almost any device.

Last edited by Cromwell; 11-11-2012 at 05:54 PM..
Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Would have bought this during the sale on the offchance it works ok on the iPad 3 but not going to spend the full price on this given the dev himself says it performs worst on that machine. Shame because the screenshots look great.

Jamie.

It runs well on the iPad 3 with an occasional stutter, but nothing effecting game play during my time with the game.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:24 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromwell View Post
So as it seems few devs care about owners of the first iPad... Thanks 4 that!
Lazy Devs...

But as you wish, I will then not buy any of your games. Even when I got an iPad 4+ or what ever one.

"Pfff... Shall they buy a new iPad. Not our fault. Blame Apple..."
Yeah, it is Apples fault, that is true. Not enough RAM and not enough CPU power. And Apple knew that when they published the first iPad.
Especially the RAM problem was avoidable.

But some Devs care and some not.
Some try to find a way to let their games run on almost any device.
So what your saying is that if you ever get the newest iPad you will not buy any games from any developer that release a game that doesn't support the original iPad1? That's a bold statement. Are you actually serious about this or are you just being overly dramatic?
Old 11-12-2012, 05:51 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
Was going to buy this, but after reading that it's only for an Ipad4.... and Ipad3 is the worse...
Not even going to bother... if it does need that much power... you just delivered a crap game.. Ipad4 is out for a week. What makes this so different than all the other 10.000 lookalike games.. that can run on a Ipad 2, 3 ??
I've been playing this on an iPad2 and it's working fine. iPad1 can't download it as it says it 'needs a camera'. It's worth checking out.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:55 AM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr

I missed sale also, ohh well, gonna wait for another one then
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Hey Guys, Another CSE Developer here, Just wanted to clarify and expand on what Dave and Tim said about performance. The game runs *GREAT* on an iPad3 (as noted by another forum user here). we have tested it extensively on each platform and the performance difference is negligible to the human eye, and on the retina display, the graphics really do look amazing, especially the UI elements (running the app side by side, the picture quality of the ipad 3/4 really is noticeable). While developing and testing, we made sure the art would run great on every platform we support, so, there are times we pulled back on the art and design to make sure it ran as well on the iPad3 as it does on the iPad2 (and iPad4). Mostly our game is CPU bound, not GPU bound, and the ipad3 has similar CPU performance as the iPad2. We have strived to keep the performance smooth and 30fps, and there are some areas where it may dip lower, but that really is only noticeable when you running one of our "developer" builds that track and display the FPS, because really, that only happens when the action gets so intense, you are too busy playing the game and having fun to notice! We take fun very seriously here, and poor performance would negatively impact the user experience, so we have made sure that the game runs great on every platform we support. This is also why we chose not to support the iPad 1, initially. It was a tough decision, but we thought we could offer far more visual content on the other platforms then if we additionally supported the original iPad hardware. As you might tell, we love our game, and really appreciate all this feedback and support from you guys, either by playing (and purchasing) the game or by even having the game on your radar and adding to this conversation.

L:F
Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 AM

Default Loving this game.

I really hope they continue to support this title, it's awesome fun. I missed the sale, but I bought it anyway. Really can't help but support Dev's that don't riddle their games with IAP. A tip jar would be welcome and if a player likes the title enough tossing a few bucks toward the Dev's is up to them. But mandatory IAP, which this game is free of completely, is a real turn off.

So thank you, game creators, for releasing an awesome game! (Without IAP)
Old 11-12-2012, 03:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Would have bought this during the sale on the offchance it works ok on the iPad 3 but not going to spend the full price on this given the dev himself says it performs worst on that machine. Shame because the screenshots look great.

Jamie.
My mistake, I could have communicated that better. March on Oz runs superbly on iPad3, my post was meant more as a comment on the devices themselves. We've got some internal testing levels that are far more taxing than anything you'll see in game that are designed to push the device to it's limits. On some of those levels the iPad2 faired better than the iPad3, and while I haven't run the test yet on the iPad4, it's safe to assume it will run better than the iPad3.