★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

11-12-2012, 01:26 AM
[QUOTE=girlpower;2528626]

DV app is driving me nuts on my old iPad, can't visit or gift without it crashing, have to do this on my iPhone until new wifi/cellular iPad 4 arrives (hurry up Apple) but I'm finding it's not resetting the dragonsai tree properly which is playing havoc with my IOU gem list....I may have stumbled upon a fix last night though (have to reboot my iPhone just before I try and gift) which seems to free up anyones nsme I had gifted 24+ hours

That's just what I had to do for a while GP, it is a pain but at least it got me back into giving and receiving gems! Hope your new iPad comes soon it will be sooooo nice after all this.
Congrats on the kairos too. I think it is bigger than it needs to be, you can't see it often while busy collecting cash! Do you think BF will do one for every island?
11-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlpower View Post
hi ya dean
Thanks for that tip, now I have one that hopefully will help you too.
I try and line up my colosseum comp. and dragonsai tree gifting at the same time....this way they are both due for completion at the same time and at least you can check how long is for both via the colosseum timer
Thanks GP. I am going to try this

GC dean288367

11-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
hi ya dean
Thanks for that tip, now I have one that hopefully will help you too.
I try and line up my colosseum comp. and dragonsai tree gifting at the same time....this way they are both due for completion at the same time and at least you can check how long is for both via the colosseum timer
Hey GP thanks for this 'syncing' tip -tree and colosseum. I really wish BFS would change the gift receiving feature so we can keep track of more than 4 gem gifts. Seriously, this fix is WAY overdue. Make it like Gismonauts, what's so tough about that? Sorry, rant over.

No Eclipse yet, boohoo.

GC id: Foxtail20
11-12-2012, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=Crusty;2528788]
Quote:

DV app is driving me nuts on my old iPad, can't visit or gift without it crashing, have to do this on my iPhone until new wifi/cellular iPad 4 arrives (hurry up Apple) but I'm finding it's not resetting the dragonsai tree properly which is playing havoc with my IOU gem list....I may have stumbled upon a fix last night though (have to reboot my iPhone just before I try and gift) which seems to free up anyones nsme I had gifted 24+ hours

That's just what I had to do for a while GP, it is a pain but at least it got me back into giving and receiving gems! Hope your new iPad comes soon it will be sooooo nice after all this.
Congrats on the kairos too. I think it is bigger than it needs to be, you can't see it often while busy collecting cash! Do you think BF will do one for every island?
I do recall that you had major issue with gem gifting now....what was the fix though? For me, it was upgrading my iPad (this one didn't uograde to iOS 6 software) guess it would slow this old iPad down too much...I will appreciate the new one that much more....not too much longer to wait hopefully.

Don't know what BS has in store for us next....just hope it doesn't involove dragon races
11-12-2012, 02:19 PM
1 topaz and 1 eclipse woot!
Now 1 more of each plz so I can try for hold Olympus #2
11-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtail2010 View Post
Hey GP thanks for this 'syncing' tip -tree and colosseum. I really wish BFS would change the gift receiving feature so we can keep track of more than 4 gem gifts. Seriously, this fix is WAY overdue. Make it like Gismonauts, what's so tough about that? Sorry, rant over.

No Eclipse yet, boohoo.
You're welcome Foxy girl
Yep, totally with you on the gem gifting notice....have mentioned it to BS more than once in emails....usual response, we will pass your feedback on blah blah.

Just got a second eclipse cooking.....I stuck with blazing/earth and blazing/lava.
Got one a piece from both combos....sorry cant remember the order though as I know I got lucky when I reversed the order.
These combos seem to have worked for a few on wiki too as well as on here.

Good luck!
11-12-2012, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=girlpower;2529512][QUOTE=Crusty;2528788]

I do recall that you had major issue with gem gifting now....what was the fix though? For me, it was upgrading my iPad (this one didn't uograde to iOS 6 software) guess it would slow this old iPad down too much...I will appreciate the new one that much more....not too much longer to wait hopefully.

The partial fix was the last upgrade, the gem gifting worked afterwards, but the message I get says to upgrade my iOS which I haven't done yet, need to get my hubby to assist as our i accounts are a bit intertwined and I don't want to overwrite anything that he uses as it's all linked in to his business.
11-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
You're welcome Foxy girl
Yep, totally with you on the gem gifting notice....have mentioned it to BS more than once in emails....usual response, we will pass your feedback on blah blah.

Just got a second eclipse cooking.....I stuck with blazing/earth and blazing/lava.
Got one a piece from both combos....sorry cant remember the order though as I know I got lucky when I reversed the order.
These combos seem to have worked for a few on wiki too as well as on here.

Good luck!
Cool, thanks! I've been using Air/Lava, so I'll kick them out and try yours.

EDIT:
Whew, got an Eclipse cooking at last! Had to use gems to speed up fails, but Blazing/Earth worked - kept switching order so I don't remember what this one was either! Lol

GC id: Foxtail20

Last edited by Foxtail2010; 11-13-2012 at 10:03 AM.
11-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Finally....I got a solar eclipse cooking

Took dozens..I mean dozens of tries using both the epic and cave...and various combos. But the winner for me was Bones + Air

Now for the second.....
11-13-2012, 06:14 PM
@Foxy & Deeneez......congrats to you both, good stuff!
Sending good luck vibes to those of you who still need yours.

The actual solar eclipse happened here in Oz this morning....best view was in Canberra apparently....
I missed the partial view here in Melbourne