Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-14-2012, 09:16 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Nooooooooooooo.... look at how the car controls in the video. It's not an actual racer like the first game. You just press the sides to switch lanes and the car drives itself. Redline looks like a glorified Temple Run clone.

The original was so much more fun. It was fast and loose, and you had to have superb car control to make dodge the obstacles while steering the car like an arcade rally racer.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Nooooooooooooo.... look at how the car controls in the video. It's not an actual racer like the first game. You just press the sides to switch lanes and the car drives itself. Redline looks like a glorified Temple Run clone.

The original was so much more fun. It was fast and loose, and you had to have superb car control to make dodge the obstacles while steering the car like an arcade rally racer.
Didn't watch the video, but if this is just lane switching and you gave no real driving control like in the original Cubed Rally, I will pass on this one. Sucks if that is the case. Was kinda looking forward to this...
Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Was looking forward to this one ever since the TA Plays vid, but after seeing the video I guess I'll pass. It doesn't look to bad, but just not something that I think I'll spend a long time on considering I have Punch Quest to fill my Endless (insert game type here) needs. That and the music started giving me a headache a few minutes in.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:56 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Didn't watch the video, but if this is just lane switching and you gave no real driving control like in the original Cubed Rally, I will pass on this one. Sucks if that is the case. Was kinda looking forward to this...
There was a TA Plays video a week or so ago for this game... they had fun with it but yeah it's a slot-car/lane changing style racer. I'd say like temple run but more like Subway Surfers but with more paths to run on.

For what it is, I think it looks pretty decent... but in the end it seems like yet another lane changing runner.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:04 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Watching well into Sanuku's video and this is honestly quite awesome. Love how hectic it gets!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

^ Same here, I want it even more after watching those videos
Old 11-14-2012, 12:59 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Watching well into Sanuku's video and this is honestly quite awesome. Love how hectic it gets!
This is what I love of the game after seeing the videos. I'll buy it as soon as it's available
Old 11-14-2012, 01:56 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I sucked eggs in the first game, but this one looks to be more manageable. Looking forward to tonight's release.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:53 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
I sucked eggs in the first game, but this one looks to be more manageable. Looking forward to tonight's release.
Agreed. I was just terrible at the first one. The lane system in this one should work much better for us.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Default Game Impressions

Been playing this for an hour, so....

This is an endless racing game, and it is pretty good at what it aims for... the game is fun to play, gets frantic and have many different obstacles, and the star of the show are the cows... their behavior is funny to watch, as they can come from even from below... the lane changing method and the drift make it better. At its core, its very solid.

At the beginning its slow, but suddenly barriers and more things starts to appear and make this game frantic... this slow start can be avoided with faster cars, that cost between 50 and 200 coins each, but the game has a good money saving system: the finish lines saves your collected money to the bank, and there are many of these, but on the other hand its not that generous with coins... so far I earned 39, with like 30 real minutes of gaming.

Controls are easy but I keep tapping the emergency brake quite often. They are responsive. GameCenter leaderboards and retina display. Its polished. Game has a lot of charm and fun because of the cows behaviors, for example.

Worrying about game longevity... It doesn't have missions, or achievements, things to work for in these kind of games... the only thing to work for are new cars

Edit: 3 out of 5. Deleted. Needs missions to keep me there

Last edited by TheFrost; 11-16-2012 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: Updated again