Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 AM

Default Schwarzwald Zombie Hospital

Old 11-14-2012, 09:40 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

okay, I TOFTT, and I rather enjoy this. Only 30 mins in, but here's what I get:
PROS- smooth graphic motion on my iPad3, even with the graphic option turned to "high" in the game ("medium" is the default). Controls work well.
- I love Time Crisis and both N.Y.Z. games, and this is definitely a cross between Time Crisis 1 and New York Zombies 1. It's a 360 degree non-moving shooter in the action scenes, then it moves on rails a-la Time Crisis to each new location.
- The fact that the zombies throw heads at you is really funny to me, and a nice little touch.
- Gameplay goes well, controls are not frustrating, "reload time" is just right.
- Graphics are definitely "indie", but even as such the locations are creepy and nice! Don't walk into this expecting N.O.V.A. 3, and you'll be just fine. Well done for an indie dev team of just two people!
CONS - The difficulty (particularly the speed of the zombies compared to the slowness of your bullets) is rather high. A minor tweak that would fix this would be either 1) options for difficulty in the main menu, or 2) slow down the zombie motion towards you and speed up your bullets. Either option would help gameplay immensely.
- with the movement speed... the crawling zombies are *faster* than the upright ones! a little quirk, but there it is.
- English could be proofread/improved a little bit here and there. Again, a very minor complaint.

OVERALL: I happily will support a small dev team who crossed "time crisis" with "N.Y.Zombies", kept the levels moving quickly, and have NO IN APP PURCHASES!! Three dollars is half the price of a hamburger here in Hawai'i, I have no problem shelling it out for this game, and I don't feel let down. Just know that while this is very VERY "Indie", you just might have a good time. :-)
Old 11-14-2012, 09:52 AM

Looks good. Wish it had Game Center though...
Old 11-14-2012, 11:09 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I assume that the term "retro" in the title refers to the days of VoodooFX graphics cards...
Old 11-14-2012, 11:58 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

This does look good! I especially like the "sets."

Would be nice to see a bit of gameplay...

DBC
Old 11-14-2012, 12:07 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujibayashi View Post
PROS- smooth graphic motion on my iPad3, even with the graphic option turned to "high" in the game ("medium" is the default). Controls work well.
- I love Time Crisis and both N.Y.Z. games, and this is definitely a cross between Time Crisis 1 and New York Zombies 1. It's a 360 degree non-moving shooter in the action scenes, then it moves on rails a-la Time Crisis to each new location.
- The fact that the zombies throw heads at you is really funny to me, and a nice little touch.
- Gameplay goes well, controls are not frustrating, "reload time" is just right.
- Graphics are definitely "indie", but even as such the locations are creepy and nice! Don't walk into this expecting N.O.V.A. 3, and you'll be just fine. Well done for an indie dev team of just two people!
CONS - The difficulty (particularly the speed of the zombies compared to the slowness of your bullets) is rather high. A minor tweak that would fix this would be either 1) options for difficulty in the main menu, or 2) slow down the zombie motion towards you and speed up your bullets. Either option would help gameplay immensely.
- with the movement speed... the crawling zombies are *faster* than the upright ones! a little quirk, but there it is.
- English could be proofread/improved a little bit here and there. Again, a very minor complaint.

OVERALL: I happily will support a small dev team who crossed "time crisis" with "N.Y.Zombies", kept the levels moving quickly, and have NO IN APP PURCHASES!! Three dollars is half the price of a hamburger here in Hawai'i, I have no problem shelling it out for this game, and I don't feel let down. Just know that while this is very VERY "Indie", you just might have a good time. :-)
Good job with the impressions there, Fuji! Perfectly informative, to the point. Sweet.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:13 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujibayashi View Post

Cheers for the TOFT! And the review. It's made me quite fancy this.

EDIT. Bought. It's Ģ2 universal with no IAP. I bet it lasts longer than my morning latte does.

Last edited by Maniacfive; 11-14-2012 at 05:16 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Thx ;)

First of all thx for the replies.
I was travelling in asia for a while so sorry for my late response.
@Fujibayashi - great to hear these things
I will make these things work better in the next version 1.3.
IAP is evil - WYSIWYG.
@Snooptalian - So I think you have seen that gamecenter works now.
If anyone need a special leaderboard for letīs say headshots, let me know.
Like to hear more improvement examples or tweaks.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:32 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray-C View Post
First of all thx for the replies.
I was travelling in asia for a while so sorry for my late response.
@Fujibayashi - great to hear these things
I will make these things work better in the next version 1.3.
IAP is evil - WYSIWYG.
@Snooptalian - So I think you have seen that gamecenter works now.
If anyone need a special leaderboard for letīs say headshots, let me know.
Like to hear more improvement examples or tweaks.
So you are saying IAP will not be required or show its ugly face? If so, I'm in!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:16 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Iap

No IAP now.
No IAP in any update.
I promise!

Last edited by Kray-C; 01-28-2013 at 12:43 PM..