App description: Help Jack escaping from the W.Hale, the first fully automated starship created by the humans, that was hit by a huge electromagnetic showckave and that is now slowly floating toward a black hole!
The entire robotic crew has gone crazy, and Jack is the only one that can save the ship from being destroyed! But it will not be easy!

GAMEPLAY

Gear Jack is a new and addictive Slide & Jump with a unique and cool visual style!
Beat 30 dangerous levels, avoid lethal traps and perform awesome tricks!
Progressing in the game you can customize Jack's attributes using the garage, adapting your play style to the level!

FEATURES

Slide & Jump / Auto-Runner
Unique and cool visual style.
Awesome tricks system with more than 30 unique animations
Difficult or Casual (with checkpoints) gameplay.
30 unique levels.
Various types of traps that require the player interaction.
Character garage with attributes customization, adapt the character to your play style and to the levels.
Random trap generation after youve beaten the game, for endless replay value!

Sanuku's comments:

11-14-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm not really a Platformer person but after watching the vid I'm pretty much sold!

Game Center: Diligence
11-14-2012, 10:21 AM
This looks pretty great. I do have one concern. Super Meatboy was just a full on trial and error sort of game and one of the things that made it easy to continue to come back for more is how quickly you can restart. For this, it looks like there's a strange delay after you die and then even more of a delay to start over. Maybe this is just me nitpicking but I can see that getting frustrating pretty quickly having to wait each time to restart

11-14-2012, 12:24 PM
It's a runner game. A good one at that.

Is there a chance this could have switched controls? I always prefer jump to be on the left with an action button or a slide button on the right. It'd be great if we could switch the buttons up.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
It's a runner game. A good one at that...
Meaning no side-to-side or backward movement?

DBC

I give up.
11-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Meaning no side-to-side or backward movement?

DBC
Yup.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Like the art style...guess this may go down on my wish list for my next device upgrade.
11-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Like the art style...guess this may go down on my wish list for my next device upgrade.
maybe after the first release they'll look at updating for some older devices.
11-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
It does play on touch 4 right?
Yes look at description on first page
11-14-2012, 04:14 PM
This is pretty dang good.
I'd say this resembles Wind-up Knight (an absolutely fantastic game) more than Super Meat Boy (which I don't like).

The longer introductions you see in the video aren't there in every level, and the later stages have instant restarts.

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
11-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
This is pretty dang good.
I'd say this resembles Wind-up Knight (an absolutely fantastic game) more than Super Meat Boy (which I don't like).

The longer introductions you see in the video aren't there in every level, and the later stages have instant restarts.
glad you are enjoying it, only 3 more hours til it hits the US!