Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Thanks Sanuku for saving me money
Old 11-14-2012, 10:37 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Thanks for the feedback Exact-Psience and Sanuku!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Yeah... it's not an easy game to recommend right now. Just played a bit more and i got less and less coins and orbs. Too IAP pushy. I cant see coins and orb x2 IAPs helping much with the current gains.
That sucks. I don't like to see games go freemium after being paid, but sounds like this game may end up going down that path. With so many (even freemium games) being fairly generous, it's difficult to justify getting a hard-as-nails game that doesn't reward the player.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:44 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^Totally agree...

Also, i just tested on the iphone and it's looking so much sharper than the ipad version. The ipad version is definitely just a blown up iphone version. :P
Old 11-14-2012, 06:01 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
That sucks. I don't like to see games go freemium after being paid, but sounds like this game may end up going down that path. With so many (even freemium games) being fairly generous, it's difficult to justify getting a hard-as-nails game that doesn't reward the player.
I love the game concept I've seen in Sanuku's video (thanks Sanuku!,) but:

1. Game costs nearly $9 to be "fully playable": $1.99 to purchase it + $4.99 for health regen + $0.99 for x2 coins + $0.99 for x2 orbs. And this cost is only bearing in mind the one-time IAP's.

2. Game seems to rely too heavily on IAP: 25,000 coins for the transparent suit, when you get an average 250 coins per game i you do well? Too much IMHO.

I have Pitfall as my endless runner at the moment and I'm very happy with it, but also relies too heavily on IAP. I think I'll pass for now. Going for Cubed Rally Redline, which is a much-cheaper endless runner alternative and for me is much better...
Old 11-14-2012, 06:42 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
I love the game concept I've seen in Sanuku's video (thanks Sanuku!,) but:

1. Game costs nearly $9 to be "fully playable": $1.99 to purchase it + $4.99 for health regen + $0.99 for x2 coins + $0.99 for x2 orbs. And this cost is only bearing in mind the one-time IAP's.

2. Game seems to rely too heavily on IAP: 25,000 coins for the transparent suit, when you get an average 250 coins per game i you do well? Too much IMHO.

I have Pitfall as my endless runner at the moment and I'm very happy with it, but also relies too heavily on IAP. I think I'll pass for now. Going for Cubed Rally Redline, which is a much-cheaper endless runner alternative and for me is much better...

Wow. Thanks for the breakdown. It doesn't seem to gamer friendly at all for the grind after paying (coming from a person that doesn't mind a good grind). Ill stick it on my AppShopper wishlist for now...
Old 11-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Hmmmm....
Old 11-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Well, sounds like most of you all are giving up on this game. Too bad, it seemed to have potential. Kind of don't like the fact that it isn't playing on the new ipad well and that it just has a joypad control, I would prefer tilt or touch controls for this kind of game.

And sounds way too inapp heavy from what you all are saying. Kind of felt the same with Zaxxon escape, it was fun, but too inapp heavy.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:18 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I still kept playing this, and im surprised there was a notification that my "coin bonus bar" is full. Not sure where i could find that, but played the game after that and i was getting about 700 to 1200 coins every run, and im losing only a few orbs if I continue only about 4 times coz each continue increases the continue Orb cost.

Also, i could constanty destroy 1 Cosmic Fuse every run now, and sometimes even 2, without using too much Orbs and gaining a good amount of Coins.

It's a grind, and i bought the coin and orb multipliers. For those who are too reserved to shell out $4 for the game+ the coin and orb doublers ($0.99 each) can hold off for now, but im not sure how long it'll be til the very possible price drop.

I didnt get the health regen, and i dont think it's necessary since you can just continue a game using orbs you get a long the way, or you can farm for orbs and not use them yet until you have enough prepared and decide to do a big run.

Im enjoying the game, but i shelled out $4 for it. I dont think it's much considering the good quality of the game, and the more i play the easier the farming gets. Upgrading the rockets is also the way to go, because the more you get to shoot mines and spiders, the more coins and orbs drop as well, and it definitely helps in extending distance you go through each run which also in turn gives you more chances of gaining coins and orbs.

I still have to figure out how this "coin multiplier" works which has a "recharge with orbs" under upgrades. Coz while that was full, i actually got a generous amount of it.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:27 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Well, sounds like most of you all are giving up on this game. Too bad, it seemed to have potential. Kind of don't like the fact that it isn't playing on the new ipad well and that it just has a joypad control, I would prefer tilt or touch controls for this kind of game.

And sounds way too inapp heavy from what you all are saying. Kind of felt the same with Zaxxon escape, it was fun, but too inapp heavy.
It's actually a lot more touch control, than a joypad control. Forgot to mention that it is basically a dynamic vstick... and it controls pretty well. Just that on the ipad, the radius is too big that you need to move you thumb far before you get to max speed when doing quick evasive maneuvers.