11-14-2012, 08:02 AM
the ads are ignorable, even if somewhat taking the p*ss
....but at least it doesnt cost so $40

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
11-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
the ads are ignorable, even if somewhat taking the p*ss
....but at least it doesnt cost so $40
Yeah, I have to agree, they aren't really that bad but the audacity of pulling this on a $7-$13 game is pretty tacky. Simple question, would they do the same on one of their $60 PS3/360 releases?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

11-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Yeah, I have to agree, they aren't really that bad but the audacity of pulling this on a $7-$13 game is pretty tacky. Simple question, would they do the same on one of their $60 PS3/360 releases?
Yeah, pretty much all console games I've bought included some kind of booklet or other ads for other games.
11-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannythefool View Post
Yeah, pretty much all console games I've bought included some kind of booklet or other ads for other games.
Sure, but banners in game?

My iTunes Reviews
11-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Sure, but banners in game?
Unfortunately, it could start happening. Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 let you create billboards in your park. Atari could easily make those display game ads. Even racing games could advertise games on billboards or along side railing. I have a Shaun White Snowboarding game with 'Subway' logos all along one of the slopes. Personally, I don't mind so much in-game placement advertising. It's the forced click, popups or stealing game window real estate I feel are a problem.

But yeah, I guess I haven't played the game in ages as I had no clue there were ads. I also had to load and check it out. At first I didn't even notice it, then realized it was a scrolling text along the top. It's definitely not something that would cause me to avoid the game. I actually don't think I've played the game since I got my iPad 1.5 years ago. I don't recall ever playing it on the larger screen.
11-14-2012, 05:49 PM
well i'd still prefer $6 with ignorable menu adds, than $60 with no ads :-)
...and i don't really count the menus as in-game btw

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
11-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
So I guess they were just too lazy to have it in game? Like in the midst of diplomacy Genghis Kahn reminds you of the latest NBA 2K release?

My iTunes Reviews
11-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Like in the midst of diplomacy Genghis Kahn reminds you of the latest NBA 2K release?
Reminds me of what happens in the first "Monkey Island." You talk to a pirate and he gives an hilarious ad for another LucasArts game. I was laughing out loud. That game is quite humorous.

But yeah, pretty lame if you trade monarchy and in return you get a link to some other game.
11-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Not that you would think it the way iOS developers talk, but there's plenty of $5-$10 digital download games... and yes, without ads.
11-15-2012, 04:17 AM
game look very nice I recommended