Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-22-2011, 12:27 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 04-22-2011, 12:27 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurloes View Post
Is the ipad version that much better on the ipad than the iphone version? I ask because for the Easter sale, the iphone version is $0.99, while the ipad version is still $9.99, 10x more.

I only have an ipad, not an iphone, but I do plan on upgrading to a verizon iphone in a couple months.
Buy the iPhone version, wait until 99 strikes again and the iPad version is on sale. I haven't played it on an iPad yet, but most comments have said the iPhone version plays fine on it. That way you'll have both versions for $2 (and get to play it now rather than later! )
Old 04-22-2011, 12:34 PM

As much as I don't think the full price is too much, as I've got it for my iPhone (paid full price) and my Xbox 360 (yes I do love NBA Jam!) I'm also going to hold off for the inevitable price cut.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:22 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Buy the iPhone version, wait until 99 strikes again and the iPad version is on sale. I haven't played it on an iPad yet, but most comments have said the iPhone version plays fine on it. That way you'll have both versions for $2 (and get to play it now rather than later! )
Yep, that's exactly what I'll do. Thanks!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:30 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
I own both and I would say that it's really only worth it if you love this game or have $10 burning a hole in your pocket. The graphics do look great in HD but again is it worth 10x the price with the current sale, only you can answer this question. I'm reviewing the HD version for a website, so I didn't have to pay for the game but I did purchase the iphone version when it was first released for $4.99.

Bottom line as usual is you have to decide if it's worth it to you because we all know that it will eventually go on sale somewhere down the road and you could be stuck wondering why you rushed. If you have the iphone version you might want to wait for a sale, that's what I was doing before I found out I was reviewing it. Unless you can't live without the nice HD graphics, I understand both sides.
I have purchased both versions and I agree.

I like playing games on my iPad so if it is a game I really enjoy I will purchase it twice.

I really wish more companies would make universal versions but that is a discussion for another thread.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:19 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Any of you guys know how one would go about unlocking the various politicians? (Obama, Palin, etc..)
Old 11-14-2012, 02:41 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Fired this up on the iPad Mini and the framerate is pretty bad now. Anyone else try it on the Mini and have the same problem?
Old 11-14-2012, 03:03 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
Fired this up on the iPad Mini and the framerate is pretty bad now. Anyone else try it on the Mini and have the same problem?
Its not only on the mini... On iPad3 the framerate is also ugly... I think there is something wrong with the HD version and iOS6... The SD version on my iPhone4 with iOS6 plays awesome.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsam80 View Post
Its not only on the mini... On iPad3 the framerate is also ugly... I think there is something wrong with the HD version and iOS6... The SD version on my iPhone4 with iOS6 plays awesome.
Yeah, I too think the hd version is very poorly programmed. In fact, I would not even recommend it which is crazy, cause almost always the ipad version is better than the iphone version. But not in this case, something is wacked, maybe they just took the iphone version and zoomed it on the ipad causing cause poor character movement, I don't know.

It's not just ios 6 either, same way with ios 5. Player movement is really bad.

The iphone 4 version runs really well, ipad, pretty bad. I wouldn't even recommend buying the hd version, waste of money, I think.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:33 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Yeah, I too think the hd version is very poorly programmed. In fact, I would not even recommend it which is crazy, cause almost always the ipad version is better than the iphone version. But not in this case, something is wacked, maybe they just took the iphone version and zoomed it on the ipad causing cause poor character movement, I don't know.

It's not just ios 6 either, same way with ios 5. Player movement is really bad.

The iphone 4 version runs really well, ipad, pretty bad. I wouldn't even recommend buying the hd version, waste of money, I think.
Hm this is interesting... Then maybe is something wrong with the HD version and iPads retina resolution... because if i remember right, back when i had an iPad2 the game was ok... To bad EA doesn't seem love for this title anymore..

Last edited by ironsam80; 11-14-2012 at 03:38 PM..