• Publisher: Electronic Arts
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 358.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0.92
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!! Jam with a friend in Local Multiplayer and rock your iPad with all the over-the-top, high-flying, 2-on-2 arcade basketball action just like you remember it and like youve never seen before! Go to the hole. Go strong. Go for the monster jam. KABOOM!

This app offers in-app purchases. You may disable in-app purchasing using your device settings. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213 for more info

FANS & CRITICS ARE ALL ON FIRE!

4.5/5This is a must-have. (Carter Dotson, 148 Apps)
NBA JAM is a ton of fun on iOS. (Jared Nelson, Touch Arcade)
THIS IS A MUST BUY!! (Miguel Pereyra, The Appera)
NBA JAM for iPad delivers top-tier basketball thrills. (Wired.com/Playbook)
Editors ChoiceIt's certainly the best basketball game on any mobile platform. (Hilary Goldstein, IGN)

HEAT UP ON iPAD
Jam with all 30 NBA teams and your favorite NBA stars! Unlock legends from the classic arcade era like Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Dr. J, Scott Skiles, Karl Malone, Detlef Schrempf, and Danny Manning plus some secret players you can only get on iOS. Open up outrageous cheats, too. And if you cant wait to go big, all the unlocks are available for instant purchase and download in the JAM store!

PLAY NOW! PLAY CLASSIC! PLAY HEAD-TO-HEAD AGAINST A FRIEND!
3 modes of play let you ball the way you want:
Play Now Select a team and jump right into the ballgame
Classic Campaign Defeat all other teams to win the championship, and unlock legends, hidden players and cheats
Local Multiplayer Go big head 2 big head against a friend on iPad or iPhone/iPod touch via local WiFi and Bluetooth
Also select from two different control schemes (D-Pad and gesture-based) and take advantage of the outstanding versatility of your device. Is it the shoes?

YOURE ON FIRE!
If youre from the Old School, youll feel the 90s nostalgia while you play the hottest new arcade sports game on the App Store. Featuring the voice of Tim Kitzrow (the original NBA JAM play-by-play announcer), youll hear all the classic catchphrases plus a few new ones recorded just for this game. This JAM is all about boomshakalaka and beyond!

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Privacy and Cookie Policy: http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
Game EULA: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/GM/
Visit https://help.ea.com/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.

Important Consumer Information. This app: Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving and analytics technology (See Privacy & Cookie Policy for details).

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

International Version : http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/nba-jam-by-ea-sports-for-ipad/id426283261?mt=8
11-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsam80 View Post
Hm this is interesting... Then maybe is something wrong with the HD version and iPads retina resolution... because if i remember right, back when i had an iPad2 the game was ok... To bad EA doesn't seem love for this title anymore..
Well, I thought the ipad 2 version was bad too. The game doesn't run ipad retina, so the ipad 2, new ipad, and ipad 4 versions should be similar, but I haven't had the game loaded in awhile, so I will reload it, I got a new ipad, ios 6.0.1. I'll get back to you later about it. Ios 6.0.1 made most of my games better framerate wise, you on 6.0.1 or 6.0? Upgrade to 6.0.1 if not, it is making a lot of my games run better.

The characters have always been smooth on my iphone 4, on my new ipad, they are jerky, I don't think it is just a framerate problem, but I kind of regret buying the hd version when the sd version is far superior.
11-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsam80 View Post
Its not only on the mini... On iPad3 the framerate is also ugly... I think there is something wrong with the HD version and iOS6... The SD version on my iPhone4 with iOS6 plays awesome.
Wowzers, loaded the hd version on my new ipad ios 6.0.1. Man, you guys are right, it looks even worse now on ios 6 vs ios 5. What a mess. It was pretty bad before I thought but playeable, but now, it is a mess. Unplayeable, terrible.

Oh well, guess I will have to play it on my iphone 4. Hope ios 6 didn't screw that one up too.

How's it look on the ipad 4 with 6.0.1? Figure the same, but maybe runs better with the better cpu/gpu?

But terrible, I don't recommend the hd version for any ipaders. It really is terrible now. Buy the sd version for your phone. We need an update bad.

11-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Loaded the iPhone version and it plays the same! Definitely not just a resolution issue, must be someone with the game itself. Too bad, really wanted to play it.

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride
11-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
But terrible, I don't recommend the hd version for any ipaders. It really is terrible now. Buy the sd version for your phone. We need an update bad.
This… As you said is just terrible. It's like bad stop motion and not animation.
11-15-2012, 04:19 AM
what a big heat hehehe
12-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Anyone try this on iOS 7?
12-18-2013, 06:22 PM
EA need to update or release an NBA Jam 2, either way this game needs game
centre online multiplayer!
12-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Why anyone would want to play this with its prehistoric rosters is beyond my understanding. Shame on you, EA.

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs
03-19-2015, 05:36 PM
Wow finally a damn update!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayP View Post
Wow finally a damn update!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope the iPhone version gets the same lovin'.

ıllıllı ȼ¥ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80