★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Shadowgun: Deadzone has been rejected by Apple

11-15-2012, 04:42 AM
Shadowgun: Deadzone has been rejected by Apple

For those waiting for Deadzone, bad new. From the mouth of Marek Rabas, we know that the game has been rejected on Apple's side and we won't be getting it today.

Quote:

Anyway SAD NEWS for iOS players.. We have some issues with ios version and APPLE didnt approved it. I dont want to go to details, but we are working with them to solve this issue... I hope it will be solved soon.

Android version will be out Today..

Best

Marek R.

PS: This may be due to a weapon called "Shitstorm". Or some other reason.

Update: this is NOT due to the use of shitstorm.

Last edited by defred34; 11-15-2012 at 10:30 AM.
11-15-2012, 05:52 AM
Hope they can resolve it soon. What's up with USA and censoring words?

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

11-15-2012, 09:42 AM
That sucks,hopefully issue(s) will be resolved sooner than later.
11-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
I don't care for this game personally but most who play the apple devices are grown ups and I think we can handle words like and whatever else I mean seriously apple come on.
But you have to be sensible, theres lots of kids who might get apps from the app store (and parents) who dont want to see words like that.

Can you name one tv show where that word is used say at 6pm or 7pm or lunchtime? Go on, name one show ?

IF my little girl was 7 or 8 and was looking for games on the app store i wouldnt want any swearwords to be shown. Kids pick up stuff like that easily.

Its not a huge deal, i dont care what the gun is and i'm not bothered by swearwords and yeah its crazy as theres games where you shoot people (sorry 'zombies') but i think its a bit stupid of the dev to include that word, obvious it was going to get spotted.
11-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
PS: This may be due to a weapon called "Shitstorm". Or some other reason.
Seriously? Is the game 17+? If so, there's games that have far worse content.
11-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
Hope they can resolve it soon. What's up with USA and censoring words?
It was not due to profanity, Madfinger made that clear.

If anyone wants an example of vulgarity up the wazoo try 9mm. If anyone wants an example of excessive profanity that is still (mostly) tasteful, try Walking Dead.
11-15-2012, 09:54 AM
If this game got rejected because of that word, then why aren't lots of gameloft games, walking dead, and many other games that use he word banned?

Best games on my ipad: Infinity blade 1 & 2, Dead space, GTA vice city, Dead Trigger, The Walking Dead, Bad Piggies, MC4, Ravensword 2, Super Hexagon and Real racing 3.
Most anticipated games: Infinity blade dungeons, walking dead season 2, Star command and Oceanhorn.
11-15-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
I honestly doubt that the reason. I'm sure it's due to some usage of foul language. And other stuff. They named a weapon shitstorm. Apple wouldn't have liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadFingerGames View Post
Its not about it
And here is the quote.
11-15-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
And here is the quote.
Defred should quit posting in Madfinger games' threads. He's just humiliating himself.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-15-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Defred should quit posting in Madfinger games' threads. He's just humiliating himself.
Lol he does seem post some dumb things from time to time...like we all have.