Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-15-2012, 02:44 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Hired Heroes (by Elite Games Ltd)

Hmmm... the "not serious fantasy story" is tickling me...
And a strategy game in graphical Zelda-style tickles even more.

Last edited by Vovin; 11-15-2012 at 02:53 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 10:01 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Badim

There are few promo-codes still available:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=166311
Old 11-15-2012, 10:33 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

How many stages are there? I wish there was some more information in the description. It provides little to inform about what one is getting when they buy this...
Old 11-16-2012, 07:38 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Okay I received a download code from the very generous developers (I didn't ask for one, they offered, so thank you very much!) so here are my impressions:

It's a competent tactics game. I haven't gotten far enough into it but from what I have played it is fairly standard stuff. If you are familiar with tactical styled games and turned based strategy, then you know what to expect here.

The graphics are decent if a little small and the maps are of a decent size. There seems to be at least 15 or16 stages in all, though I hope they add more maps later. On an iPad 3, the graphics look good but are not retina, and have a little but of a blurred look, though this does not detract from the game.

The game offers a bit of grinding as you can unlock more characters and more character slots as you progress. While the characters don't seem to cost anything, the character slots do, asking you to pay gold in order to unlock the slot so that you can bring more characters into the fray of battle. The cost goes up exponentially, so expect to replay levels! There is also relics to be bought so expect to grind levels over and over if you wish to get them, or attempt to outfit your party.

Story wise, the game is pretty straight forward and serviceable. There are clearly some "engrish" problems with the translation and you'll find a lot of spelling errors and some grammatical problems, but nothing that kills the experience. They are noticable and numerous though, from the word "Phisical" being used in the tutorial, to the very first maps character dialogue "Why pumpkins come to life?". It's unintentionally funny, but again, not a deal breaker by any means, and dare I say adds to the charm of the title.

There are some IAP for gold if you want to speed things along, but the relics and slots seem reasonably priced and nothing seems to overtly demand you "pay in" to succeed.

So I would give this a 3.5, raised to a 4 star review on iTunes. It's not a bad game by any means, but it doesn't (at least from what I have played) offer anything you haven't seen or in a new and interesting way. Personally I feel the game to stand to have some more maps and variety, but these are things that can be addressed in updates, and not knocks against the total package as is. If you are looking for a Tactics/Strategy RPG to spend some time with, this would be a decent game to pass the time.