Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Yeah, when I saw the trailer for this I wasn't too excited and, frankly, Random Heroes was the game that made me start second guessing Ravenous insta-buys. Know it's only a buck, but glad I waited on impressions.
Oh dang I had forgotten about Random Heroes... that was Ravenous, too wasn't it? That one was sub-par, too...
Old 11-15-2012, 02:07 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

For a $game, it isn't that bad. You guys are just brutal to expect river city ransom for a buck.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
For a $game, it isn't that bad. You guys are just brutal to expect river city ransom for a buck.
I know it's only a buck, but it comes to a point where you can't buy every game that comes down the line. It adds up and also takes up space on your device so whether a game is $1 or $10 .... I don't "expect" console quality play. I just want a hook and some entertainment value there to deserve a spot on my device (at least for more than the 10 minutes that it may take to find out a game is crap).

With so many games, it actually is a brutal marketplace.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I know it's only a buck, but it comes to a point where you can't buy every game that comes down the line. It adds up and also takes up space on your device so whether a game is $1 or $10 .... I don't "expect" console quality play. I just want a hook and some entertainment value there to deserve a spot on my device (at least for more than the 10 minutes that it may take to find out a game is crap).

With so many games, it actually is a brutal marketplace.
Yup. This is how I feel. This game is really a good little thing for the price, but when it comes down to it, there's just too many games on the App Store competing with it. Like Punch Quest, for example.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:52 PM

As of now I would say the game is average and the constant crashes need to be fixed, I dunno I still think the game can be salvaged with some major updates.

Most importantly there needs to be more to the game.Fix the controls and crashes obviously. The graphics and sound are good but it just feels like it's missing something, I wonder if there were upgrades to the character if it would help. Maybe some kind of side missions thing(like in jpjr)maybe an in game currency for buying better moves and some tougher enimies to go along with that, also maybe more detailed levels and a more interactive background, for instance you can punch all the bookshelves and stuff in the background etc.. Another huge thing that makes these kinds of games a ton more fun is multiplayer which I know is a stretch but the game just needs more.

I never saw what's was so great about league of evil I actuay preferred the second one as for Random heroes I like that it had stuff to purchase etc it was just not enough gameplay..

I hope they take time to make this game better with updates, because I really think it could go from average to great with the stuff I mentioned above.

And I doubt all the bashing of the game is making the devs feel any better,as an alternative constricted criticism will help out allot more. Hopefully getting the devs to understand not just that it's meh but how good it could be with more.

I still see the potential for this game and while it hasn't lived up to my expectations I'm not just gonna complain and give up with the game and Ravenous completely.

Last edited by Darth Ronfar; 11-15-2012 at 03:01 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ronfar View Post
As of now I would say the is average and the constant crashes need to be fixed, I dunno I still think the game can be salvaged with some major updates.

Fix the controls, crashes, more variety in gameplay, the graphics and sound are good but it just feel like it's missing something, I wonder if there were upgrades to the to the character it would help maybe or some kind of side missions thing, maybe an in game currency for buying better moves and some tougher enimies to go along with that, also maybe more detailed levels and a more interactive background, for instance u can punch all the bookshelves and stuff in the background etc.. Another huge thing that makes the kinds of games a ton more fun is multiplayer witch I know is a stretch but the game needs more.

I never saw what's was so great about league of evil I actuay preferred the second one as for Random heroes I like that it had stuff too purcase etc it was just not enough gameplay..

I hope they take time to make this game better with updates, because I really think it could go from average to great with the stuff I mentioned above.

And I doubt all the bashing of the game is making the devs to happy as an alternative constricted criticism will help out allot more, hopefully getting the devs to understand not just that it's meh but how good it could be with more.

I still see the potential for this game and while it hasn't lived up to my expectations I'm not just gonna complain and give up with them completely.
I fully agree. This is a solid game, just like you said it's missing something. I'm sure it could be beefed up with future updates.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post

With Burger Cat, Random Heroes, Burrito Bison and now this, I've got to wonder if League of Evil was just a one time, shot in the dark, super lucky stroke of genius from the developers, because since (aside from graphics and the UI design), it really seems like they had nothing to do with them on the development end of things.
sums it up for me.

League of Evil is IMO one of the best platformer on iOS. great pixel art graphics, tight controls, rewarding gameplay, cool music. but it feels like a one hit wonder now. random heroes was a borefest, it was flat and had no depth. style over substance.

LOE had me dashing through the levels, carefully placing jumps, double jumps, wall jumps, throwing a kick to extend a jump here and there. the game felt smart, challenging and satisfying gameplay wise. i loved getting all the suit cases as well.

beatdown confirms what i think of ravenous games, a good looking package but seriously lacking when it comes to actual gameplay.

i give it a 3 out of 5.

definitely not an horrible game, but all i can see here is the missed opportunity to make a classic (which i consider LOE to be).

Last edited by kirby83; 11-15-2012 at 03:12 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 03:11 PM

Not sure what everyone is so stoked about. Looks like it's just another 16bit side-scroll brawler...
Old 11-15-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anova View Post
Not sure what everyone is so stoked about. Looks like it's just another 16bit side-scroll brawler...
Stoked? Looks like everyone's mostly disappointed to me... I mean the game's ok, but it could've been a lot better, and maybe with some future updates it will. Might now it's decent, but pretty mediocre with gameplay that can get repetitive.

EDIT: Welcome to TA, btw!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:22 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I loved and completed both LoEs and Burger Cat. However, the controls for Random Heroes left me disappointed and I deleted it out of frustration. After a quick scrub of the thread and seeing comments about the controls for this game, I'm not pulling the trigger on this one until some significant changes are made.