★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-27-2012, 04:20 PM
#51
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 881
I hope you update the game to universal support before updating iPhone 5 support.. I think alot of ppl would be annoyed if they missed out on the universal update after buying this game to play on iPad only..
I'll probably be finished the game by then and delete it so it probably won't effect me too much, but others like to keep the game on their device for longer.. Haven't played again for a while.. Last time I played was last time I posted, got up to 33. Tough level to crack. Will try to get through another big chunk today on my break and way home.

Currently addicted to: Duet game, Threes, Tengami, Oquonie, Platforms Unlimited, Perloo, Wave Wave
10-29-2012, 05:17 AM
#52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
I hope you update the game to universal support before updating iPhone 5 support.. I think alot of ppl would be annoyed if they missed out on the universal update after buying this game to play on iPad only..
I'll probably be finished the game by then and delete it so it probably won't effect me too much, but others like to keep the game on their device for longer.. Haven't played again for a while.. Last time I played was last time I posted, got up to 33. Tough level to crack. Will try to get through another big chunk today on my break and way home.
Sorry for the delay.

No worries about the updates. Even in case we did update to iPhone 5 first, which is not planned, as a user with an iPad you will always be able to download the iPad version. This will only affect updates on the older devices, not iPads. And it is happening all the time in the AppStore. With any new update titled "iPhone 5 support added" support for the older devices is dropped, but those users won't notice right away as those updates aren't even displayed to them afaik.

Good luck with the rest of the game and enjoy the puzzling!

Last edited by digitalhoax; 11-20-2012 at 04:32 PM.

11-15-2012, 04:49 PM
#53
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,777
Finished!

Good: Lots of puzzling fun, and some fun platforming fun too. Fun characters to hear, watch and smile to. Excellent art design and animations. As you progress, you will find the Other Ones, who gives a nice twist and add a lot to the gameplay, one at a time. Well thought puzzles

Bad: Some control issues switching characters and tapping where to go (but there is a button for that). Minor issue. No GameCenter inclusion. Somewhat on the easy side, didn't take much to complete it

Conclusion: A puzzling gem created with love and passion, and it shows. Puzzle/Platformer hybird fans, get this

Final Rating: 4 out of 5 (Great)

Last edited by TheFrost; 11-16-2012 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Finished
11-20-2012, 02:37 PM
#54
@TheFrost Thanks for that great feedback!

We have some updates about the game. We are (almost) finished with all the iPad assets, which means there is some coding and testing to be done but we are getting there. I have a working iPad version on my device and it runs and looks great, but there might be an issue regarding the universal app version.
Our current app size is roughly 30mb, which was a tough mark to reach, we basically optimized everything there was, i.e. graphics and sound and music, so people could download this over-the-air. Apples filesize limit is 50mb for this, so we did a good job. Our current universal app size is 86mb. Sound and music didn't change, so the additional 56mb is all graphics. We included iPad and iPad retina graphics in this build. And now that we have all this nice artwork ready, we definitely want to deliver it.
If we make this a universal update it means everyone has to download 56mb of additional iPad stuff even if they are on an iPhone or iPod touch. And while this might not be a problem for users at home, no one would be able to update over-the-air and new customers would not be able to buy at all while on the move. This isn't good. We will try to further reduce size and if we get within the 50mb ota limit, all is good, we will just update the current version to fully support iPads. If we don't get there, we might have to actually deliver a seperate iPad version
In case we do have to go with two versions, we will have the iPad version on sale for starters and let all you guys know, so you can get it for .99$ which in case you have already bought the iPhone version, sums up to 1.98$ which is just what the universal app would have been priced at. I hope this works for everyone.

Some non-iPad news: We are working on a new setting and some new levels, as some people complained about how easy/short the game was (while others got stuck pretty early, hard to find the best approach). All of this will also come as an update.

Have fun and let us know what you think!
11-21-2012, 04:59 PM
#55
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,101
Finished.

As mentioned, game is a bit on the easy side, but I've enjoyed the clever level design nontheless

Hope to see more levels coming. What a lovely game.

Challenge me on Gamecenter: tblrsa
App-Echo - Your place for German iOS App and Game Reviews
Follow us on Twitter!
12-19-2012, 04:11 PM
#56
We just released the first content update and the iPad version of the game!

10 new levels in a whole new setting!

A magical new other one! The magic one!

iCloud sync.

As discussed above, there are now two versions in the App Store, iPad and iPhone. We have a massive amount of graphics, all different between iPhone and iPad, so we had to split things up to keep the download size reasonable. Considering the amount of additional work that went into making the HD version for the (retina) iPad we think the price for the iPad version is very justified. Watch out for more content, additional levels to keep you entertained are just around the corner!
12-19-2012, 04:18 PM
#57
Joined: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
First, the art is amazing, everything seems hand-drawn, character have a lot of animations, they seem live to me... Very good indeed.
Seconded! The art is really nice

*Didnt realize how old that post was

Last edited by Xexist; 12-19-2012 at 04:41 PM.
12-19-2012, 04:27 PM
#58
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,777
On cue to play again thos christmas, see the magic one and take advantage of iCloud for next update
12-20-2012, 12:51 AM
#59
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
On cue to play again thos christmas, see the magic one and take advantage of iCloud for next update
Hi, we are glad that the level update makes you want to replay. Next time you get back to playing, iCloud will have your data backed up. Unfortunately your progress is not synced between iPad and iPhone versions yet, we are working on a hotfix right now. iCloud does work on the iPhone version though!

The next update (which will be released rather soon, compared to this one) will contain:

* iCloud fix (sync between iPhone and iPad versions)
* 10 more levels
* full iPhone 5 support

There is also a new video to promote the iPad release: video

Last edited by digitalhoax; 12-20-2012 at 12:53 AM.
12-22-2012, 04:49 PM
#60
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
Posts: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhoax View Post
We just released the first content update and the iPad version of the game!

10 new levels in a whole new setting!

A magical new other one! The magic one!

iCloud sync.

As discussed above, there are now two versions in the App Store, iPad and iPhone. We have a massive amount of graphics, all different between iPhone and iPad, so we had to split things up to keep the download size reasonable. Considering the amount of additional work that went into making the HD version for the (retina) iPad we think the price for the iPad version is very justified. Watch out for more content, additional levels to keep you entertained are just around the corner!
I didn't know the iPad version was out! I already have the iPhone version, but I feel another purchase for playing this on my iPad is totally worth it! It's a fantastic game!