Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-16-2012, 12:59 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
You. Have not. Played. The game.

Stop complaining. This is simple to understand.

That's a shame. It's also a shame that people don't know how to clear their cached applications.
I have played the game. I'm not complaining. Expressing a valid opinion about paying for a premium account through recurring subscriptions is a legitimate beef.

Do you understand that?? Your the one that is whining about people expressing their opinions. If you don't like it, don't participate in this thread discussing the game.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:07 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
I'm getting worked up over people complaining about a free game. I can't believe how arrogant some people can be.

I'm 16, I worked, I bought my phone. If money is an issue to these kids, fine; see me as an example of what a little work can get you.
Great. That makes two of us. But two other kids asking if their devices are compatible is not akin to "whining", I'm sorry. Just because you (and many other people) have the latest and greatest in technology doesn't mean that those who don't are inferior in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyGnome View Post
I'm not gonna go out of my way to save up for something I don't need. My iPod works fine, but most developers, like Madfinger, don't seem to realize that. Regardless, it was really derpy of them to not optimize for the iPod touch 4. Not only because some people who played and enjoyed the first Shadowgun won't be able to do the same with this one, but they also decided to barely mention the fact that it doesn't run on 4th Gen's in the app description. Now, anyone who downloads the game with a 4th Gen is jumping to conclusions and giving it a one-star review. And that's a lot, appearently.
Wise management of money. If you don't need it, don't feel obligated to purchase one. But also don't feel entitled to support for a 2+ year old mobile device that was underpowered even when it first launched. FYI it is made very clear in the app's description if you read it that the iPod 4 is not supported.

Last edited by JBRUU; 11-16-2012 at 01:09 PM..
Old 11-16-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
It's probably a good thing that I can't play this game. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole subscription thing. Other than Xbox Live, I've always avoided games with monthly fees (and probably have missed out some great experiences as a result).

But I think subscription based games on the iOS is probably an even riskier idea than PC games, etc. The vast majority of iOS gamers probably just play a few minutes here and there. I consider myself a fairly hardcore gamer, but I also don't get the kind of time these days to play games. That's why I have a huge backlog and plenty of unfinished games. So paying a monthly subscription would probably be a waste for me.

I know Madfinger has to pay for their servers, etc., so I'm not pointing my finger at them saying this is a bad thing. Just concerned even for their own profit margins that it may not work. I could be wrong.

Game looks fantastic, though. Just kind of hope TA doesn't review it. I fear another world war ala Dead Trigger may start.

haha, so true. If Eli called Shadowgun Deadzone a " tech demo". I would grab my popcorn and enjoy this thread.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:11 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny101 View Post
haha, so true. If Eli called Shadowgun Deadzone a " tech demo". I would grab my popcorn and enjoy this thread.
And keep out of it if possible. Madfinger threads have a history of getting members banned, put in time out and creating lasting grudges.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
And keep out of it if possible. Madfinger threads have a history of getting members banned, put in time out and creating lasting grudges.
I will Fortunately I didn't get banned in the Dead Trigger thread but it did get heated.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:21 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny101 View Post
Do you understand that?? Your the one that is whining about people expressing their opinions. If you don't like it, don't participate in this thread discussing the game.
I understand that you're acting childish. I'm defending something you're attacking with ridiculous entitlement. You're showing a lack of grammatical understanding and whiny behavior.

In other words, I'm done. You're not worth it anymore.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:25 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

This game is fun as hell,I like the zone control mode,feels like battlefield 3,also did anyone else learn the med-kit trick? Helpful in free for all xD
Old 11-16-2012, 01:26 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowking2214 View Post
This game is fun as hell,I like the zone control mode,feels like battlefield 3,also did anyone else learn the med-kit trick? Helpful in free for all xD
What medkit trick?
Old 11-16-2012, 01:26 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
It's probably a good thing that I can't play this game. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole subscription thing. Other than Xbox Live, I've always avoided games with monthly fees (and probably have missed out some great experiences as a result).

But I think subscription based games on the iOS is probably an even riskier idea than PC games, etc. The vast majority of iOS gamers probably just play a few minutes here and there. I consider myself a fairly hardcore gamer, but I also don't get the kind of time these days to play games. That's why I have a huge backlog and plenty of unfinished games. So paying a monthly subscription would probably be a waste for me.

I know Madfinger has to pay for their servers, etc., so I'm not pointing my finger at them saying this is a bad thing. Just concerned even for their own profit margins that it may not work. I could be wrong.

Game looks fantastic, though. Just kind of hope TA doesn't review it. I fear another world war ala Dead Trigger may start.
Actually you don't have to pay if you don't want,the only things you get with premium is 50% more cash/xp for stuff,and voice chat,I'd like to try voice chat,but in waiting for vice city and MC4 to come out before spending any money
Old 11-16-2012, 01:27 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

https://twitter.com/MADFINGERGames/s...07881513123840