Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-17-2012, 08:25 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

To the devs : it seems that there is a problem with 256 mb RAM devices, like my itouch 4. I cannot go further than the 3rd battle.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:06 AM

Thanks for the code!

Played the game for a hour or so. First things first, don't make the mistake to think this game is trying to ride on the Infinity Blade wave. Rage of the Gladiator is actually older than IB since it is originally a Wii game.

And right from the bat the first thing that surprised me is how the developers went the extra mile. They didn't just port the game, they really put a lot of effort in taking advantage of the extra horsepower. Rage of the Gladiator looks better than ever, with better lightning, textures and a lot of shaders and normal mapping. It looks much better on iOS.

As for the game, think of Punch Out! with a fantasy setting. You see, while Infinity Blade is a game focused on RPG elements, getting better gear, etc, Rage of the Gladiator goes the Punch Out! route and focus on charm, personality and pattern memorization. Every boss is highly different from the other, and they all have very distinct designs and animations.

The game does have light RPG elements, like different gear and skills, but the focus here are the bosses. With challenging patterns, witty dialogues and impeccable animation, it's incredibly rewarding to beat them after a number of failed attempts. You see, like Punch Out!, Rage of the Gladiator is one of those games that you just can't put it down until you beat that nasty boss you were having so much trouble with. It has that "just one more try, now I can do it" flavor to it. Though it only shows in higher difficulty levels.

It was a $10 Wiiware game. It was worth it then and it's still worth it now. Especially considering the price will probably be lower.

Buy it
Old 11-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Banned
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyz2000 View Post
Hey I messaged you ages ago about the promo code. I'm willing to write a review of your app.
same here.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:27 AM

Sorry guys, we ran out of promo codes. We already gave more free codes to TA users than got back reviews.

Anyway, the game will be live from tomorrow (Nov 21st) for only $0,99 (which is almost free ) on the App Store
Old 11-20-2012, 07:13 AM

It's now out in New Zealand - worldwide within next 24 hours.

Feel free to continue the discussion here:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=166980
Old 11-20-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamelion_Sebastian View Post
Sorry guys, we ran out of promo codes. We already gave more free codes to TA users than got back reviews.

Anyway, the game will be live from tomorrow (Nov 21st) for only $0,99 (which is almost free ) on the App Store
Wow. That's a steal.

Get it folks!