Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2012, 09:46 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Do you guys think Apple should release a controller for iOS?

I love iOS gaming most of the time. However, there are those times where a real controller would be great. 3rd party controllers have severely limited support.

Would you guys/gals like to see a controller from apple? All it needs is an analog stick on one side, a couple buttons and an analog stick on the right, and two triggers. No reason to add extra shoulder buttons or two movement pads on the left.

I'd love to be able to use a real controller for a lot of the great platformers on iOS and a shooter or two. Imagine a game like wild blood on a controller. And if this were to happen I'd buy the HDMI connector finally.

Also this would be an option. Games should detect when the controller is turned on then the on-screen controls would disappear. If it was made by apple, people would be more likely to buy it so devs would want their games to be compatible with it. If it were optional in games, we could choose to take it with us or not.

The price shouldn't be more than 29.99. It will be aimed at mobile gamers who buy cheap games so they should try to avoid a premium (even though they will price it high). It can small like a ps1 controller with a 10-hr battery life if it charges with simple usb.

Just wishing out loud. Thanks for listening. By the way, I'm an ipad iOS gamer. This may not be ideal for phone gamers because I think you would want to hold that screen closer to you.