★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Hello and welcome to my official iPhone app for Dragons Dream

Ive always wanted to produce something that would allow you to explore and enjoy the worlds I created and experience a different way into the paintings you have seen associated bands like Yes and Asia as well as through my books. This application is a result of that idea and work.

Many familiar elements have been taken from the Dragons Dream paintings; landscapes from Arches Morning, 1st April, Birdsong, Morning Dragon, Elbow Rock and Sea of Light all come together to create two new worlds - Oceanic Arches and Forest of Mist.

We wanted to bring the world of Dragons Dream to life in two ways. Firstly, by using the Dragons Dream visualizer and follow the Dragons path as he meanders his way around the panoramic dreamscapes.

Secondly, for those with a more adventurous nature we wanted you to take on the role of the Dragon and play the Arcade or Free Fly games, collecting the magical orbs and unlocking six pieces of artwork from the Dragons Dream collection.

As an exclusive bonus, Dragons Dream players can also unlock a painting that no one else has seen from my collection, Blind Owl, making this application an essential element of my artwork portfolio.

The Dragons Dream application also includes an original soundtrack that has been produced specifically with the Dragons Dream artwork in mind.

Have fun!

Roger Dean

Vovin's comments:

11-18-2012, 04:54 AM
I love the artwork... Like in a sci fi/fantasy world. If anyone can tell me this has no tilt, i will TOFTT. I do not want to TOFTT for a tilt-based game ever. LOL

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

11-18-2012, 04:57 AM
Wah, spontaneous Shadow of the Beast flashbacks!
11-18-2012, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I love the artwork... Like in a sci fi/fantasy world. If anyone can tell me this has no tilt, i will TOFTT. I do not want to TOFTT for a tilt-based game ever. LOL
No tilt, spot-on one-touch control.

I've been playing this on a promo code for about a week and it is a brilliant game. The overall feel of polish and class is very high.

I know this isn't priced at tier one, but if you look at what Roger Dean's artwork and wallpapers are selling for then this is pretty much a bargain.

Recommended by me, very highly, if that's worth anything to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusFish View Post
I like plenty of bad games, but I don't go around telling people they are good.
Arcadelife

GC - JohnT321
11-18-2012, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetshooter View Post
No tilt, spot-on one-touch control.

I've been playing this on a promo code for about a week and it is a brilliant game. The overall feel of polish and class is very high.

I know this isn't priced at tier one, but if you look at what Roger Dean's artwork and wallpapers are selling for then this is pretty much a bargain.

Recommended by me, very highly, if that's worth anything to anyone.
Downloading now. Not a prog fan by any means unless it's the Mars Volta bur I'll give this a go.
11-18-2012, 07:04 AM
I can't believe he's still alive. Amazing artist.
11-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycache View Post
I can't believe he's still alive. Amazing artist.
Born in 1944, so he's 68 now. Well, compaired to ios gaming,
he's a dinosaur.
I just watched his homepage and was surprised how many
covers he made that i'm aware of (Yes, Uriah Heep, Rare Earth...)
Some of the LP's i still own and play.

There is a video on his page that shows a bit of gameplay.
Is it just flying and catch the orbs for highscore, or is
there also some fighting/fire-spitting against enemies
involved ?
11-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Roger's work on 'Shadow of the Beast' still stands as one of the earliest moments in my gaming life that I looked at a games visuals and just though, "Wow!"
11-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
Born in 1944, so he's 68 now. Well, compaired to ios gaming,
he's a dinosaur.
I just watched his homepage and was surprised how many
covers he made that i'm aware of (Yes, Uriah Heep, Rare Earth...)
Some of the LP's i still own and play.

There is a video on his page that shows a bit of gameplay.
Is it just flying and catch the orbs for highscore, or is
there also some fighting/fire-spitting against enemies
involved ?
Only flying so far for me. One mode is collect as many orbs in 2 minutes as you can and the other is fly until you die. I'm not too far in though but unlocks so far are pieces pf art and new levels based on pieces of art.
11-18-2012, 09:33 AM
I think its a visual fest rather then a game .