Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-18-2012, 10:37 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I love the artwork... Like in a sci fi/fantasy world. If anyone can tell me this has no tilt, i will TOFTT. I do not want to TOFTT for a tilt-based game ever. LOL
I think it's tapping only.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 11-18-2012, 12:34 PM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

Ahhhhh can't wait to get this!
Old 11-18-2012, 01:14 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I've now got all the achievements except the one for an A+ run in arcade mode.

Considering that Roger Dean - in the app store description - sees this app primarily as an extension of his art portfolio, and a game second, they've put together a damn good game as the secondary aspect of the app!

I love the control of the dragon and the way if feels convincingly heavy in response to the taps. Once you get used to it, flying it becomes easier and easier.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:45 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Saw this in the new releases and noticed the name Roger Dean. I'm thinking, THE Roger Dean? Wow, this is big-time, kiddies! This artist has been around for many years, is very famous, and has done things that for some of you, your parents will be more familiar with than you. Yeah, he's done some art for several video games, etc. but is probably best known for his work on album covers and posters for a band called Yes and also Asia. The incredible floating islands are so memorable. Tripped-out fantasy worlds. Guaranteed if you ask your dad about it he'll remember that artwork. Dean also designed the Yes logo that they've used ever since. Great classic rock, I might add! For me, (and I haven't seen this app in action yet), it's gotta be a treat to fly around in his art world, seeing what he's done. Looking forward to checking this out!
Old 11-18-2012, 05:03 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetshooter View Post
Considering that Roger Dean - in the app store description - sees this app primarily as an extension of his art portfolio, and a game second, they've put together a damn good game as the secondary aspect of the app!

I love the control of the dragon and the way if feels convincingly heavy in response to the taps. Once you get used to it, flying it becomes easier and easier.
Couldn't resist either and i feel the same way. ^^^

Defenitely no recommendation at this price as a game for people who
don't have the affinity/knowing to this artist.
The music also is a highlight.
To me, holy cow, every cent worth it !
Old 11-20-2012, 02:30 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Great looking game but I'm afraid that there's not enough gameplay for $5.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:38 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decaf Table View Post
Great looking game but I'm afraid that there's not enough gameplay for $5.
That depends how much you play it. It's well worth the price as far as I'm concerned.

I'm quite shocked that I am still top of all 4 leaderboards. Maybe all the people buying it are just fans of the artist and not hardcore gamers! That's a joke, by the way, just in case the concept is unfamiliar to anyone.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:49 PM

Game looks fairly average but do not care in this case, grew up on his unique art and more than happy to make the drop.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:50 AM

Even as a fan it's hard to find much to like past the artwork sadly, it's fine but for the cost you could do better.

The death flash is super annoying and a little lazy as a solution. Framerate is steady but choppy and needs to be higher. Doesn't really seem to be much in the way of progression apart from last longer or collecting more orbs. Contrast is a bit muddy. Lack of polish touches like floating land masses that have water running down them but they're static. Those bugs that fly over the screen, they feel like they're on the same level as the dragon, no blur or saturation difference.

Still, I bought this not expecting much and there are some nice touches past the artwork like the sounds. It's not bad, just not my thing and a bit shallow, but I probably would have bought it regardless. Only for fans at this price to be honest.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:36 PM

Seems a bit expensive for the content, but maybe I need to see it play on my device. I would like a game like this to relax 2 here and there. I'm gunna keep my eyes on this one and scoop it up on a price drop.

Last edited by whymikewhy; 11-21-2012 at 06:39 PM..