Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Developer
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default SEVEN˛ – Minimalistic Word Game [Universal]

SEVEN˛ (Seven Squared) is a brand new brain-teaser. This word puzzler has an unique minimalist-styled interface and is built to satisfy the player hungers for real challenge.

The game has a simple, relaxing, and addictive game play. On a board of 7˛ (or 49) tiles, you only need to link letters, score by making words and try your best to survive 7˛ (or 49) rounds. There is NO time limit. You can take as much time as you need to plan your next step.

Does it sound too easy? Think twice! You need to be careful in spelling every word, turning the difficult letters to your advantage and strategically plan the positions of the falling letters to balance risk and reward.

The game has a minimalistic art style which makes the player focus on the game. The fast paced yet challenging rules let the player enjoy the fun of a word game almost every where and any time. The game also features a night theme that can be quickly switched from day theme. You will find it a welcome feature during a sleepless night.

Feature Highlights:
* Relaxing and challenging gameplay
* Minimalistic UI
* Day and night theme
* Access word list/dictionary in game
* Game Center integration, 22 achievements and 3 Leaderboards

Last edited by w162; 11-27-2012 at 02:28 PM..
Old 11-18-2012, 05:37 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

Thanks for making this game free initially. It looks like a very interested and well designed game.

I am making a quick post to mention that I felt like the tutorial needs more work. It took me a few restarts of it before I realized how to properly swipe to link letters into words; initially I was just touching individual letters one at a time. Also, I was confused for a bit that blocks fall down from the top after each turn is submitted. Finally, I think several things are omitted: that the game allows rotating the top set of letters; that (apparently) 2 letter words are not accepted.; how the game ends (I am guessing letters pile up to the top).
Old 11-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Developer
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
Thanks for making this game free initially. It looks like a very interested and well designed game.

I am making a quick post to mention that I felt like the tutorial needs more work. It took me a few restarts of it before I realized how to properly swipe to link letters into words; initially I was just touching individual letters one at a time. Also, I was confused for a bit that blocks fall down from the top after each turn is submitted. Finally, I think several things are omitted: that the game allows rotating the top set of letters; that (apparently) 2 letter words are not accepted.; how the game ends (I am guessing letters pile up to the top).
Thank you very much for your feedback, and great suggestions

The game will end when 1. letters are piled to the top (like Tetris), or 2. all the 49 rounds is finished. I would revise the game soon to add proper feedback for the ending situation.

And like you said, there are still room to improve on the tutorial. Especially, as you mentioned, the bar that contains letters to drop is locked in the tutorial to avoid unexpected operations. But that concept is so essential to the game. I should find a method to explain that better than now.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:50 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Looks interesting. Why only iOS 6?
Old 11-18-2012, 08:12 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Looks interesting. Why only iOS 6?
Also interested in this since I couldn't download. Looks like an interesting game from what I've seen
Old 11-18-2012, 08:26 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post

I thought it was pretty straight forward myself. Trace out any words you see in the field (more than one if you want), slide the letters up top so they're lined up to your liking, and then hit next to see the words removed and the new line dropped. Does feel a bit like Drop7, the word game with those mystery blocks in there.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:32 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

Yep, it is a really nice game and well worth a close look.

The game is tough. Sometimes I forget to look at rotating the top row of letters before submitting the word(s) I have formed.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:54 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hey w162, what is the significance of the shade of letters? Like is a grey "E" worth more than a white "E"?
Old 11-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Developer
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Hey w162, what is the significance of the shade of letters? Like is a grey "E" worth more than a white "E"?
No, the scores are the same. You may choose one over the other for tactical reasons, but not for a direct high score.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:52 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by w162 View Post
No, the scores are the same. You may choose one over the other for tactical reasons, but not for a direct high score.
Oh, another question.

Is there some sort of additional bonus for making multiple words as at times the additional score for the turn, shown in the brackets, doesn't matchup with the added word values?