Do you guys think Apple should release a controller for iOS?

11-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to gambitph
No they should release a controller. At best, I think they should release a Bluetooth controller API though.
11-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthclaw View Post
Its a touch device people, not a console called the iBOX..:P . go buy a PS3 or xbox360 if you want a controller. IMO
I have both a ps3 and an xbox 360. However I'm a Nursing student and have no time to get involved in a console game. I'm lucky to get through a game on ipad. I need the convenience the ipad offers.

I know there are games that work well with touch controls but there are others that do not. I'm not a big FPS player but most platformers require precise control that I can't get right on the touchscreen.

I also want the alternative of holding the ipad in front of me. I'd rather put it on a stand so I could hold the controller in my lap or wherever. I only have a TV in my living room so I'd love to put the ipad on a stand and lay in bed with a controller and play a game. I hate having to lay in bed and hold the ipad over my face to play a game.

Also, for the haters, I'm just making conversation and encouraging others to share their ideas. I love to hear about people's creativity.

11-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambitph View Post
No they should release a controller. At best, I think they should release a Bluetooth controller API though.
Yeah even an API would be great. Wouldn't take much effort for devs to map the buttons if it was integrated into the OS. I think Apple would release the controller themselves before releasing an API for others. They really like control.
11-19-2012, 05:53 AM
Two days ago, I accidentally discovered that I can make phone calls with my iDevice. It suddenly bleeped and my mom was on the other side!

Kidding aside, don't think they will release a controller. These are multi-functional devices that can play games, not consoles.
If it has been Apple's intention, you could already buy a controller.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 11-19-2012 at 05:59 AM.
11-19-2012, 06:16 AM
I've never understood why apple restricts the bluetooth profiles in the first place, it always annoyed me I couldn't use a headset with my iPod.

One of the things I like best with android is I can do what I want, bluetooth controllers work and USB ones can as well through an USB OTG cable. think theres also apps for wiimote support on Google Play.

I seriously doubt Apple will change things unless they directly profit from it and in that case it would probably be an official Apple made controller only.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
11-19-2012, 11:18 AM
At first my gut reaction thinks alot of iPhone games don't need it. But then again, whether you love or loathe touch-screen style controller, a controller of some kind would open up different kinds of games. I can't see it happening though. As much as I'd love a full on rpg-like game on iOS to the scale of a handheld console games, We all still have a place for those short 10-30mins blasts of flinging, poking, cutting, and point building.

Last edited by Chaoguy2006; 11-19-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Additional comments
11-19-2012, 12:39 PM
No I don't want one. Especially not for Gameloft FPS games
11-20-2012, 03:26 AM
Send a message via AIM to Pman
Absolutely. I love my gaming controller on my android tablet, and if it was allowed to be used on its devices, I would pay 3x the price just because of how much better and more reliable iOS games are than android.