Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

So this means no more updates anymore to the paid version of Groove Coaster?
Old 11-19-2012, 11:54 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

So those are the bonus songs, but I also see new songs in the screenshots like "Planet Connection" and "Dreamer"... just how much new content does this thing have O_O
Old 11-19-2012, 11:58 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 11-19-2012, 12:25 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

So let me get this straight. Keep the old game installed, download the new one, it will detect the old one and give you 3 extra songs. Is there any content I'll lose if I delete the old one that the new one doesn't have? File size down a lot there.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:41 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
So let me get this straight. Keep the old game installed, download the new one, it will detect the old one and give you 3 extra songs. Is there any content I'll lose if I delete the old one that the new one doesn't have? File size down a lot there.
I'll probably get bigger if we download all the songs that are not included in the file.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:24 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

When do the 3 bonus tracks unlock? I don't see them anywhere.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:31 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Groove Coaster Zero is hugely disappointing for me due to a number of reasons. Firstly, no part of the new content is composed by Shohei Tsuchiya. I was expecting a few Dariusburst SP tracks after hearing them on COZMO. As it stands GCZ is the COSIO show (and he gets first billing for music credits on the staff page) and sadly his music is much more plain and traditional. Even the new content sourced from the industry's modern heroes like Hamauzu and Ishimoto are very average compared to their other works.

Secondly, the tradeoff for free-to-play is very weird here, you get the base game free with a lot of content and a good chunk of coin unlockable content. However, there's no way to earn coins other than to buy them, and the exchange rate turns every DLC track into an effective 1.99 purchase, from the old 99c purchase in the original app. Very strange. I'm still glad that TAITO wants to pursue this venture further because that would mean a still slim possibility of new Tsuchiya and OGR content in the future, and I'm reasonably happy to have any new Zuntata music, but this is not what I was expecting.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:43 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
Groove Coaster Zero is hugely disappointing for me due to a number of reasons. Firstly, no part of the new content is composed by Shohei Tsuchiya. I was expecting a few Dariusburst SP tracks after hearing them on COZMO. As it stands GCZ is the COSIO show (and he gets first billing for music credits on the staff page) and sadly his music is much more plain and traditional. Even the new content sourced from the industry's modern heroes like Hamauzu and Ishimoto are very average compared to their other works.

Secondly, the tradeoff for free-to-play is very weird here, you get the base game free with a lot of content and a good chunk of coin unlockable content. However, there's no way to earn coins other than to buy them, and the exchange rate turns every DLC track into an effective 1.99 purchase, from the old 99c purchase in the original app. Very strange. I'm still glad that TAITO wants to pursue this venture further because that would mean a still slim possibility of new Tsuchiya and OGR content in the future, and I'm reasonably happy to have any new Zuntata music, but this is not what I was expecting.
I couldn't agree more. Tastes are what they are, but I'd give ten songs of anybody at Zuntata for one of Tsuchiya (and Ogura).

And the price model, as always in freemiums, is implemented at the disadvantage of the customer. Here, you'll get for free songs you've already paid in the first GC, you'll have to buy the ones you bought in the first but at twice the price and, if you want to have all the songs, you're stuck with a 30$ "free" game, instead of a full featured 5$ paying one.

Price rant aside, this is still one of the most magical, visually impressive, musically immersive and technically spot on music game in existence. Highly recommended, especially if you never bought the first.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:42 AM

Two dollars per song?! Sorry gonna have to say no to this one.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:13 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themagicjesus View Post
Two dollars per song?! Sorry gonna have to say no to this one.
Does it come with any free songs? Because I'll dl a music game (if it isn't huge like DJ Max Ray) for a few free songs. Also, I'm a bit confused here...having both installed unlocks songs in Groove Coaster Zero, not the other way around, correct?