Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-19-2012, 11:05 AM

Default Enemy Feature - Meleesaurus

Here is the next jungle enemy for you guys to see!

This enemy is the standard melee attacker. It has three attacks. It bites you for melee damage, it has a tail swipe/spin that does melee damage in a 360 degree radius, and it has a charge which stuns the player for a short time.

These guys are usually pretty easy to take down, but sometimes their charge stuns can be the death of you if you are trying to flee from a fight.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:16 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Send a message via Skype™ to QSI_Lucci

Breakpoints and Basic Stats

Most RPGs build around the idea that increasing a certain stat makes your character more powerful. For example, getting more vitality will increase your health pool, or getting a new weapon increases your damage.

Pylon has that, but we wanted to switch it up a little bit too.

+Strength increases the power of your Strength moves, regardless of the nature of the move. The same is true for Int and Int abilities, Dex and Dex abilities.

For example, one of the Strength tree moves is Whirlwind, and for every point of Strength gained, Whirlwind becomes that much stronger.

This is where Breakpoints come in.

Once you get +50 of a stat (Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence), you hit the first Breakpoint. When you do that, every single Ability and Passive Ability in that stat-tree modifies.

For example, in the Dex Tree, your Poison Dagger alters. Instead of throwing ONE dagger, you throw TWO at a time, once you hit a certain Breakpoint level. Every +50 of a stat you have, you hit a new Breakpoint.

So as you get better gear, your abilities get better through damage etc, but also modify to become more useful by adding new properties to the moves.

That's the quick rundown; a reward for stacking stats and altering your abilities aside from basic increases.

Last edited by QSI_Lucci; 11-20-2012 at 11:26 AM..
Old 11-21-2012, 07:27 PM

Default New Teaser Development Video!

Hey guys! Just finished this video!

In it you will see a bunch of combat, 2 of the environments, and 10 or so enemies! Check it out!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 11-21-2012, 08:39 PM

I'm a little late to this thread, but I just wanted to say, this looks great! I love the art style!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakfryOne View Post
I'm a little late to this thread, but I just wanted to say, this looks great! I love the art style!
Thanks!

We plan to keep posting things for people to see all throughout development, so keep checking back!
Old 11-22-2012, 12:41 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Subscribed!!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:18 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumSquid View Post
Hey guys! Just finished this video!

In it you will see a bunch of combat, 2 of the environments, and 10 or so enemies! Check it out!

YouTube: video
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD. Even at its state I'd through $20 at this.. This looks AMAZING. The combat is fluid and the fps doesn't stutter. Oh and the scenery is also so nice! Can't wait for this!! Please let me know if you need a tester for this, I'm more than willing to help out in any way.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:49 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Nice video. Action packed and buttery smooth, that's what I like to see.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:36 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Send a message via Skype™ to QSI_Lucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusothil View Post
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD. Even at its state I'd through $20 at this.. This looks AMAZING. The combat is fluid and the fps doesn't stutter. Oh and the scenery is also so nice! Can't wait for this!! Please let me know if you need a tester for this, I'm more than willing to help out in any way.
Hey Thanks!

The best way to help is to continue doing what you've been doing! That is, giving us feedback, suggestions and critiques on what makes an ARPG fun. Getting an idea on what the community thinks of our game, and how to improve on design and mechanics, is priceless. Sometimes we get too close and can't see the things you can see.

As for outside testing, we have only talked about bringing people into the studio for QA. It is certainly not out of the question that we have a more broad beta test, but that remains to be seen.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:01 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSI_Lucci View Post
Hey Thanks!

The best way to help is to continue doing what you've been doing! That is, giving us feedback, suggestions and critiques on what makes an ARPG fun. Getting an idea on what the community thinks of our game, and how to improve on design and mechanics, is priceless. Sometimes we get too close and can't see the things you can see.

As for outside testing, we have only talked about bringing people into the studio for QA. It is certainly not out of the question that we have a more broad beta test, but that remains to be seen.
That makes complete sense and I respect that decision. If you're looking for a critique about something more specific rather than a general approval, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be here to help!