Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-20-2012, 02:00 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.hendricks View Post
The herding itself. I haven't had a general die yet, but now I have something to look forward to!!
I will give you a brief rundown of how they work

Note: I am a programmer, all graphics below were made in Microsoft Paint, they are not good.

So Generals do a confuse buff, which follows a couple basic rules...

When a Enemy (X) runs into a General these are the potential directions he can reflect off the General (G):
GGeneralNotBlocked.png

This changes if there are Friendly units blocking the path of the confused unit... so an example of one friendly unit (F) would be:
GGeneralOneBlocker.png

...and to continue that example, here is one with multiple blocking friendly units...
GGeneralThreeBlockers.png

The general strategy of the Nome Herding levels, and the Green Generals, is to use friendly units to block off potential avenues of movement to effectively herd the unit towards the goal, so in the case of 1.3a you want to play a general in front of punchy, then one in the square above him, and hopefully with enough time a second one in that row to ensure he doesn't move upwards, then you want to place one on the next row down, and continue this process of locking off the lanes above him to force him downwards.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:04 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSE_MJ View Post
As far as the Asia-Pacific regions, MoO is currently available in Singapore, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Australia and Malaysia. from your post it appears that you are in the Philippines is that correct?

Mark
Yup. Will this be available to Philippines in the near future? Please inform. Thanks!

Last edited by tabs; 11-20-2012 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: Rephrased question
Old 11-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Just fired this up on my iPad 2 last night...but the graphics don't look right. It seems like no AA whatsoever, and looks to be over-pixelated. Are you guys using the retina version on the iPad 2? In that case I hope you change it because I won't be playing this until the graphics quality is improved on.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:12 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Thanks! I'll give this a shot tomorrow, and MS Paint is a perfect tool for geek illustrations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSE_Dave View Post
I will give you a brief rundown of how they work

Note: I am a programmer, all graphics below were made in Microsoft Paint, they are not good.

So Generals do a confuse buff, which follows a couple basic rules...

The general strategy of the Nome Herding levels, and the Green Generals, is to use friendly units to block off potential avenues of movement to effectively herd the unit towards the goal, so in the case of 1.3a you want to play a general in front of punchy, then one in the square above him, and hopefully with enough time a second one in that row to ensure he doesn't move upwards, then you want to place one on the next row down, and continue this process of locking off the lanes above him to force him downwards.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Just fired this up on my iPad 2 last night...but the graphics don't look right. It seems like no AA whatsoever, and looks to be over-pixelated. Are you guys using the retina version on the iPad 2? In that case I hope you change it because I won't be playing this until the graphics quality is improved on.
First, thanks for the feedback. According to the programmers we are not using AA because we would have an unacceptable drop in framerate during large battles. However, we are going to make a special build today just to confirm this. Also, please keep in mind that we actually developed the game for the iPad2 initially and not the iPad 3 so we don't think that any issues are due to using the retina version. If you wouldn't mind, could you please post a screen capture of something you consider over-pixelated? We'd really appreciate that!

Mark
Old 11-21-2012, 10:06 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Yes, we will be releasing in the Philippines and other countries soon. I'll let you know as soon as we do. Hopefully, it won't be more than a week from today.

Mark
Old 11-21-2012, 12:46 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Yes, we will be releasing in the Philippines and other countries soon. I'll let you know as soon as we do. Hopefully, it won't be more than a week from today.

Mark
Awesome. Will be waiting. Thanks.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.hendricks View Post
Thanks! I'll give this a shot tomorrow, and MS Paint is a perfect tool for geek illustrations!
If you still have any issues, let me know! I created a series of screenshots today that show the steps I use to beat the level that I can post for you
Old 11-22-2012, 02:02 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Well its good to see that the community of players are growing as this game is really good..btw mark,do you think my review is good??I need some feedback myself as im an aspiring game review writer hehe..

A question,can you replay every level that you clear or do you have to get 4 stars to unlock it for the level select section??The only levels i seem to go back are the tutorial levels..

My suggestion or wish would be an activated skill for a hero like/unique unit and some passive one,like some leadership bonus for adjacent units..unless its already in the game and I haven't seen them yet,hehe...this will give more flavor to the game I think..
Old 11-22-2012, 02:35 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr

Quote:
First, thanks for the feedback. According to the programmers we are not using AA because we would have an unacceptable drop in framerate during large battles. However, we are going to make a special build today just to confirm this. Also, please keep in mind that we actually developed the game for the iPad2 initially and not the iPad 3 so we don't think that any issues are due to using the retina version. If you wouldn't mind, could you please post a screen capture of something you consider over-pixelated? We'd really appreciate that!

Mark
Hello Mark,
just wonder, can we have AA enabled on at least Ipad 4th gen in future patch?
Its not that really needed, but if Ipad 4th gen have power to handle it, why not use it then