Support our Sponsors:

Old 11-20-2012, 02:19 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerutix View Post
While I am a newer player, I understand your frustrations. If you are interested in some advice/suggestion, might I offer a bit of, hopefully, wisdom? .
Jerutix that was so insightful and I hope, helpful. I am new to this community and, perhaps, feeling the excitement of finding the forum much as Lisianne did originally. Prior to the update, I had dexed Anuras for convenience, and just dropped into PF once or twice a week to do work on the weekly sets. Then with the update there was an exciting phase of finding the new frogs, which are all safely tucked away in my catalog (not colour-coordinated yet, that might give me something to do down the track). Then what? I thought I might try dexing again, because I wanted to get to level 32 so I could play with my new frogs. Now I'm at 35 or 36 I think and this dexing is fun! Experimenting with different wheels, dexing 2 or 3 at a time, and this trading thing, whilst the system has some hiccups (surely these will eventually be ironed out) adds a whole new dimension, and frankly, just makes me smile every time a new frog comes in. I just want to keep them all! (except Lanterna and Pistrix - they can go off and have their weird party by themselves).

Anyway, thanks everyone for being so welcoming and all the gifts and advice...I just love it.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:30 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

It was meant to read ...: "every few hours or so" x BR
Old 11-20-2012, 02:46 PM

20,504 in dex means 1,000 frogs since 2.0! Lucky 1,000th was Yellow Chroma Spira .
Old 11-20-2012, 02:51 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awboj View Post
Do they even know its a problem I wonder?
I don't see how they can miss it, but apparently they have.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean288367 View Post
I also use spreadsheets, love to 'x' the little boxes as I get a new frog. I have gone back to old school and record my gifts like this also.
I use spreadsheets for breeding, I'm interested in how you record gifts. I just write them down as I go and that isn't very effective for me. Like to know a better way.

Last edited by Nirtew; 11-21-2012 at 11:46 AM..
Old 11-20-2012, 03:28 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirtew View Post
I use spreadsheets for breeding, I'm nterested in how you record gifts. I just write them down as I go and that isn't very effective for me. Like to know a better way.
Don't know if my way is better but it works for me.

As soon as I realized we had lost the NEW on gifts from friends I went back to "old school" method, before we had NEW on any gifts.

I have a spreadsheet for every breed in a notebook in alpha order. When I receive a gift (pond or friend) I record it on the sheet, I also write the name done in a notebook. Since I only gift out what I breed I don't worry about keeping track of what people send.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean288367 View Post
Don't know if my way is better but it works for me.

As soon as I realized we had lost the NEW on gifts from friends I went back to "old school" method, before we had NEW on any gifts.

I have a spreadsheet for every breed in a notebook in alpha order. When I receive a gift (pond or friend) I record it on the sheet, I also write the name done in a notebook. Since I only gift out what I breed I don't worry about keeping track of what people send.
Wow, a spreadsheet for every breed. I am impressed.
Since I try to match a reciprocating gift to that of the gifted, I need to keep a list of giver and gift. Doing this results in a lot of habs loaded up with ready gifts and I have less room for breeding. With these very high cost breeds I'm inclined to mature the results rather than sell the eggs as I used to do. The result is I need more habs for breeding.

i need a new system, but I don't know what it would be.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:10 PM
iPad mini

Default Coral reef set

I have a coral reef set if anyone needs them

thanks eveyone with for the gifts I'm sorry if I haven't gifted you back yet am waiting for frogs to get bigger.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:20 PM

You guys are crazy well organised with spreadsheets and such! I just take it as it comes, and don't have much of a system at all. Once I get my breeders set up for each secondary, it's just a royal rumble ... or something, as I work on each primary and then replace the breeder with a new primary until all are represented. Previously I used to just set up 23 (primary) breeders but that claims a whole extra hab.

Anyway, just finished Spiras, and hit level 49. The stamp and potion awards for levelling are actually pretty nice at this point! The levelling sound still freaks me out, even when I know it's close. Hmmm, current mail suggests I should go Papilio as my next breed, as I was planning on a 17, and my mb contains 2 of them .
Old 11-20-2012, 04:21 PM

I was hoping to get every frog on my own, but I've grown tired of waiting for the Lanterna frog to pop up again in the FrogMart. Very frustrating - especially since I had a Lanterna frog on my droid, but when I switched to my iPad, I had to start over.

So if somebody would be willing to send a Lanterna frog my way, I'd be happy to reciprocate. I'm a level 17 and I believe I have all the breeds up to the level 17 breeds (Anura - Pluma) except for Lanterna. I can do any color combination you'd like.

Also, I'm not exactly sure how to send/receive frogs, so any pointers on that would be greatly appreciated.