Support our Sponsors:

Old 11-20-2012, 05:03 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirtew View Post
Wow, a spreadsheet for every breed. I am impressed.
Since I try to match a reciprocating gift to that of the gifted, I need to keep a list of giver and gift. Doing this results in a lot of habs loaded up with ready gifts and I have less room for breeding. With these very high cost breeds I'm inclined to mature the results rather than sell the eggs as I used to do. The result is I need more habs for breeding.

i need a new system, but I don't know what it would be.
I used to keep track of what people sent me for 2 reasons. First so that I could return a frog of like value and second because I would regift frogs and did not want to resend a frog (almost have to regift if you dex by breed and want to match value). As I got to breeding basically higher level frogs I figured it was not that necessary plus it was becoming more of a job than a game.

The way I look at it now, I will be breeding level 17-32 frogs. If someone stays a friend and we continue to gift they will end up with the a good array of frogs at all levels.

Hope you can find a system that works for you !
Old 11-20-2012, 05:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiNZ View Post
You guys are crazy well organised with spreadsheets and such! I just take it as it comes, and don't have much of a system at all. Once I get my breeders set up for each secondary, it's just a royal rumble ... or something, as I work on each primary and then replace the breeder with a new primary until all are represented. Previously I used to just set up 23 (primary) breeders but that claims a whole extra hab.

Anyway, just finished Spiras, and hit level 49. The stamp and potion awards for levelling are actually pretty nice at this point! The levelling sound still freaks me out, even when I know it's close. Hmmm, current mail suggests I should go Papilio as my next breed, as I was planning on a 17, and my mb contains 2 of them .
No it's YOU who is crazy carefree I am going to try and be more like that too, but dont see myself giving up spreadsheets! Maybe I should start playing with sound on too...

So just to make sure I understand, you start off by having 16 frogs as your breeding pool, then you interbreed all of them together just randomly until you finish a secondary, then introduce a new primary to take over from it? Etc. So if you don't have any frogs with a new primary you just clone an Anura or something? Are you checking the Froggydex after every mating to see if you got the combo you wanted as you go along?

Last edited by awboj; 11-20-2012 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: Added second para
Old 11-20-2012, 05:20 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

My gift notebook is pretty simple: as gifts come in, I write down the giver and frog on a scrap piece of paper. Then, when I'm ready to start reciprocating gifts, I turn to that person's page in my notebook, write down the frog they gave me, hyphen, then the frog I am giving them. A glance at the list will assure me I'm not giving them back the frog they gave me, or a duplicate of a frog I've already given them. Once I have to go to a new sheet of paper, no promises that I won't end up giving something from the past, as I don't go through and look at all the old sheets.

I usually don't mark any boxes on the breed's chart until I start dexing that breed. Now with the loss of my precious "NEW" for gifts, I'm thinking of doing what dean just mentioned and--*gulp*--go ahead and get them allllll ready.

-Q
Old 11-20-2012, 05:54 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotTesseract View Post
I was hoping to get every frog on my own, but I've grown tired of waiting for the Lanterna frog to pop up again in the FrogMart. Very frustrating - especially since I had a Lanterna frog on my droid, but when I switched to my iPad, I had to start over.

So if somebody would be willing to send a Lanterna frog my way, I'd be happy to reciprocate. I'm a level 17 and I believe I have all the breeds up to the level 17 breeds (Anura - Pluma) except for Lanterna. I can do any color combination you'd like.

Also, I'm not exactly sure how to send/receive frogs, so any pointers on that would be greatly appreciated.
Will send you a Lanterna this evening, probably in about an hour.

You need to send me a friend request thru GameCenter, my name is dean288367. I will accept your request and then I can send the Lanterna. If you GameCenter name is different than your forum name here be sure to put something about the Lanterna in the request so that I know it is you or post your GameCenter name on the thread

Nothing needed in return, enjoy
Old 11-20-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean288367 View Post
Will send you a Lanterna this evening, probably in about an hour.

You need to send me a friend request thru GameCenter, my name is dean288367. I will accept your request and then I can send the Lanterna. If you GameCenter name is different than your forum name here be sure to put something about the Lanterna in the request so that I know it is you or post your GameCenter name on the thread

Nothing needed in return, enjoy
Awesome - thank you so much. I just sent the request, I think.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:09 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
I used to keep track of what people sent me for 2 reasons. First so that I could return a frog of like value and second because I would regift frogs and did not want to resend a frog (almost have to regift if you dex by breed and want to match value). As I got to breeding basically higher level frogs I figured it was not that necessary plus it was becoming more of a job than a game.

The way I look at it now, I will be breeding level 17-32 frogs. If someone stays a friend and we continue to gift they will end up with the a good array of frogs at all levels.

Hope you can find a system that works for you !
What you describe is exactly the way I'm doing it now and the toughest part is going back in my list to insure against resending the same frog.
Maybe I'll just pick a "gift breed" of maybe level 28 and just send these as gifts.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:40 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotTesseract View Post
Awesome - thank you so much. I just sent the request, I think.
Request received, accepted and the little beady eyed guy is on his way
Old 11-20-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awboj View Post
No it's YOU who is crazy carefree I am going to try and be more like that too, but dont see myself giving up spreadsheets! Maybe I should start playing with sound on too...

So just to make sure I understand, you start off by having 16 frogs as your breeding pool, then you interbreed all of them together just randomly until you finish a secondary, then introduce a new primary to take over from it? Etc. So if you don't have any frogs with a new primary you just clone an Anura or something? Are you checking the Froggydex after every mating to see if you got the combo you wanted as you go along?
Heh, we're all crazy .

I breed to one primary with whatever else it needs to finish that primary, and then replace that one with a new primary of the same secondary, yes by anura means.

Definitely checking dex every time. Tap frog, tap breed, tap the frog to breed, then breed confirmation, then tap menu and dex ... you get rather quick at it lol, but it would be nice to have a live dex count in hab view!!

And if it's not a new one, I am pretty ruthless with straight up selling eggs, until I get low on coin, then I try to save the most valuable non-new ones. This morning I got my last 70 Spiras this way, but it cost over 2m coins and I ran out in the process, sold off all my breeders bar the last two I needed, potioned some really valuable eggs all the way, stamped some mail, and finally got my Yellow Cafea Spira to finish.

I used to sell scenery as well, but that just wastes too much time now with mad taming times. And that was actually before I got babyproofing too, so it wasn't as insane as it sounds.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Request received, accepted and the little beady eyed guy is on his way
Got him! You're the best!!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Here is my color wheel.

The way I do it is that I breed them in order by primary color but with only pattern 1. Then I breed the 7 which are not from pattern 1. I breed some first and then use one of the frogs which was created but with the pattern 1 to complete this color. After that I do the pattern 2. While I do the second pattern, I use the pattern 1 to make a new color wheel with another pattern. Then, when pattern 2 is completed, I start again with the new pattern 1 while I change my Pattern 2. Hope this is clear lol.

Here is the list and what they looks like.

Pattern 1

Red Albeo
Yellow Viola
Aqua Aurum
Pink Callaina
Violet Picea
Beige Tingo
Orange Bruna
Green Floris
White Cafea
Golden Carota
Lime Pruni