Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Is this an endless runner?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This looks to cool for me to pass on, downloading now.

Omg! First impressions here.
First off it plays a bit like the recent redline cubed rally game, there's three lanes and your just tapping left and right sides on the screen to switch lanes.
But it's mixed in with a little outrun (there's an over all map showing you which paths you took through the world.
And the brilliant mirrors edge style graphics.
For 69p its an easy reccomend for fans of endless games.

During the game the world is collapsing behind you so you have to stay above 80mph to keep alive, now hitting cars or obsiticles slows you down and hitting red arrows speeds you up, you have your distance, speed and score on the top corner of the screen but your car also changes colour it's red if your going fast enough and yellow if your going to slow.
Really if you like the look of the screen shots then in my opinion its worth picking up. Nice suprise release for me.

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 11-20-2012 at 08:35 PM..
Old 11-20-2012, 08:32 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Oh boy, I am a sucker for games with a clean (minimalist?) art style. Definitely considering this game.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:45 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

This is "ok." One of those cases where the game just isn't as much fun as you sense it could be, but it is hard to pin-point why. Perhaps because this doesn't feel in any way like you are actually driving? Might as well be little cubes on the road and the feel would be the same. Some meaty engine sounds, skids, swerving, might have given it a bit more oomph. As it is, it's passable, but just feels a bit...well, "lame" really. Nice idea on paper that feels like it didn't receive the right approach to give it a chance to shine.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Just a public service announcement here but I wouldn't use the Facebook login button, its just crashed the game and it won't reopen I've had to delete and redownload it.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:51 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm not loving this one. It feels somewhat unfair that doing well should punish you by putting you so close to the top of the road that you need super-human reflexes to respond to what's being built mere inches from the front of your car. At one point I actually managed to pick up so much speed that I almost seemed to fall off the top of the road and then hit an obstacle because it came into existence around my vehicle. It makes for rapid fluxuations in difficulty that don't feel entirely natural.

Also the placement of speed up arrows could do with some tweaking. I've only played a few games and already I've seen situations where I'm performing perfectly, avoiding all obstacles but end up falling off the back of the road and failing because there either weren't any red arrows or they were placed -inside- pieces of scenery. This shouldn't happen.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:54 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
Screenshots look good but I'll wait for Sanukus video to see how it plays
I feel the same way but this does look cool,tempting
Old 11-20-2012, 09:25 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I'm not loving this one. It feels somewhat unfair that doing well should punish you by putting you so close to the top of the road that you need super-human reflexes to respond to what's being built mere inches from the front of your car. At one point I actually managed to pick up so much speed that I almost seemed to fall off the top of the road and then hit an obstacle because it came into existence around my vehicle. It makes for rapid fluxuations in difficulty that don't feel entirely natural.

Also the placement of speed up arrows could do with some tweaking. I've only played a few games and already I've seen situations where I'm performing perfectly, avoiding all obstacles but end up falling off the back of the road and failing because there either weren't any red arrows or they were placed -inside- pieces of scenery. This shouldn't happen.
I couldn't resist this one either due to the stylish look and loose relation to cars
Haven't played much yet but I think the idea is to also use the slowdown arrows so you are going above 80, but not too fast (balancing your speed) and using the nitro you can unlock to make up speed if you need it in an emergency... might be wrong because what you say above also occurred here but I think my description is the answer?

Anyway, nice little game for the price IMO!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:36 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
I couldn't resist this one either due to the stylish look and loose relation to cars
Haven't played much yet but I think the idea is to also use the slowdown arrows so you are going above 80, but not too fast (balancing your speed) and using the nitro you can unlock to make up speed if you need it in an emergency... might be wrong because what you say above also occurred here but I think my description is the answer?

Anyway, nice little game for the price IMO!
Yeah, the tutorial kinda suggests you should intentionally slow down, but with the problem of red arrows potentially not appearing enough to speed you up again the execution doesn't seem to live up to the idea.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:31 PM

Looks very stylish, but why use that icon?