Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-23-2012, 04:23 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but a friend and I have tried to play SJ three times and each time our game connection broke anywhere from four turns in to halfway through the game.

Each of us had a message that the other had left the game.

This last time, we both even turned on "do not disturb" to ensure no interruptions.

Is this a known issue? Is a fix in the works? Thanks.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:30 PM

Default No async multiplayer

I just bought this game for $8 for the sole reason of playing it with my friends and wife online, only to realize after I purchased it that there is no async multiplayer. The first game we tried to play together, my "timer" ran out and it kicked me out of the game - RUINING our game. If your phone phone goes to sleep during the game, it tells the other person that you've disconnected and RUINS your game.

What a waste - this game isn't even playable for me..at least in multiplayer form, which is all I cared about. I really hope an async multiplayer version is on the way.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:05 PM

Any official word of possibility of async MP?
Old 11-23-2012, 09:09 PM

Finally bought it, run the tutorial and blam! This game is big fun. It is easy to learn (easier than La Havre), but I guess there are a lot of gamebit I need to dig into.

I tried "quick online" once but cannot find any match. Too bad. Even Lost Cities have async MP over GC (not ideal though), I serious think this needs async MP sooner.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I also love how the game encourages the player to come up with some synergistic card combos (if planning to be a master producer you'll want the Well and Aquaduct).
I am not very much into PR (even though I have the app), one example is the statue cards and the arc and getting them built can be a very powerful combination. (Reminds me of the Mechnia constructs in Ascension) And some cards seem to give you extra points, like the palace, in the endgame, which is not mentioned in the tutorial.

I am totally new to this so if I am wrong, please inform.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:29 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
I am not very much into PR (even though I have the app), one example is the statue cards and the arc and getting them built can be a very powerful combination. (Reminds me of the Mechnia constructs in Ascension) And some cards seem to give you extra points, like the palace, in the endgame, which is not mentioned in the tutorial.

I am totally new to this so if I am wrong, please inform.
I don't have the rules in front of me but there are different types of color coded cards and one of those types (I think the purple ones) are always geared toward end game bonuses.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:49 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default San Juan on sale!

★★★★★ For a short time only you can get our two strategy hits "San Juan" and "Puerto Rico" at a one time only special price. Grab them now and save more than 50% to the regular price ★★★★★

Merry Christmas and a happy new year from Ravensburger Digital!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:32 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensburger View Post
★★★★★ For a short time only you can get our two strategy hits "San Juan" and "Puerto Rico" at a one time only special price. Grab them now and save more than 50% to the regular price ★★★★★

Merry Christmas and a happy new year from Ravensburger Digital!
When are you releasing the expansion?