★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tropical Stormfront is a Real-Time Strategy (RTS) game in a tropical setting. Play real-time battles over tropical archipelagos and become the ultimate leader. Units at your disposal include Humvees, Tanks, Artillery, Helicopters, Planes, Ships and Submarines amongst others. Tropical Stormfront supports multiplayer games over LAN and internet including co-op multiplayer.

The game features 25 pre-defined campaign missions where you take command and fight battles in the tropics for control of major islands and military structures. Fight battles on land, sea and in the air.

Tropical Stormfront contains a random map generator in addition to the 25 campaign missions. Scenarios include eliminating enemy forces, capturing the flag, defending against incoming troops, sea and air battles as well as tank fights. The game keeps track of high scores and playing statistics.

- Real-Time Strategy (RTS) in the Tropics
- Multiplayer over LAN and Internet
- Campaign Missions
- Skirmish Games (Random Setup)
- Challenging AI
- Land: Battle Tank, Missile Tank, Artillery, General/Commando Unit
- Ships: Aircraft Carrier, Cruiser, Destroyer, Submarine, Transporter
- Air: Fighter Plane, Apache Helicopter, Airship
- Team-Play (together with the AI)
- Fog of War/Exploration Fog
- High Score and Playing Statistics
- Engaging Music and Sound Effects

Also try our other strategy game Desert Stormfront if you like to play the game in a more desert-like environment :)

Thank you & Enjoy the Game!

Twitter: http://twitter.com/noblemaster

Echoseven's comments:

FREE Version: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/tropical-stormfront-lite-rts/id572394490

11-20-2012, 05:25 PM
From android to iOS, thats a rare thing.

Games that will never leave my iPad : Great Big Wargame, Battle Academy, Battle of the Bulge, Ravenmark and Hunters 2.

11-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Wow, 2 RTS titles tonight?! Looks like ima be a busy gamer tomorrow.
11-20-2012, 09:11 PM
So which to get, this or the Desert version? And is the listing just wrong, or is the Desert version more expensive, and why?

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
11-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by devensega View Post
From android to iOS, thats a rare thing.
Haha. Always brings a smile when I see a game from AN > iOS.
11-20-2012, 09:39 PM
I have this on android and it actually a quality RTS. The only issue I had was my screen was too small to play, so while YMMV on iPhone I'm really looking forward to paying this on my iPad.
11-22-2012, 12:03 PM
This looks interesting, kind of reminiscent of the old PC command & conquer games.

The only thing that's throwing me off is that there are two versions released at once, and they're both 5 bucks. Would have made more sense (IMO) to release one and then follow up with the other one after a week or more. But what the hell do I know, any impressions on either of these games?
11-23-2012, 01:40 AM
Hi guys, I hope you don't mind me responding; I am Christoph, the developer! Before you buy, please try the LITE version of the game to see if you like it. The links are below. Re-price difference: Desert Stormfront has 30 campaign missions while Tropical Stormfront has 25 mission. I'd assume it will take you about 10-20h to complete all the missions (per game). In addition there are random scenarios plus multiplayer game-play.

Please note, the current version in the app store has a bug which makes the game crash right at the splash screen if you have your "Region Format" set to Japan, Russia, China and a few other countries. Changing the "Region Format" to western countries such as US, England etc. will prevent it from crashing. I have uploaded a bugfix release to the app store but it will take another week or so to get approved.

Feel free to ask questions. Sorry for the bother

Tropical Stormfront LITE:

Desert Stormfront LITE:

Twitter: @noblemaster
11-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Good game now if only someone can make a rise of nations game I would be one very happy bunny