Support our Sponsors:

Old 11-20-2012, 07:12 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotTesseract View Post
Awesome - thank you so much. I just sent the request, I think.
What is your GC ID? I have one ready if you still need it.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:23 PM
iPhone 4S, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerutix View Post
While I am a newer player, I understand your frustrations. If you are interested in some advice/suggestion, might I offer a bit of, hopefully, wisdom?
Being new here, you are most kind to have waded through my novella & then to have proposed some suggestions based on my frustrations. I am grateful for all the perspective I can get, no matter how “new” to the forum a member might be. In fact, sometimes newer players can see things more clearly.

Quote:
Any large update brings changes, but it also brings large amounts of reinvigorated interest or new interest (I fall into the latter category here in PF land). Your post indicates you are feeling overwhelmed by the rebirth of the community alongside an update in features. Switching from Plus+ to Game Center upset a lot of longstanding systems, and the first update in over a year drastically changed the status quo. For all the community knew, nothing would ever change again; that possibility was shattered, and, apparently, NimbleBit chose to throw a years worth of ideas in the pot at the same time.
Prior to the release of the update I was beyond delighted for I knew there would be a wonderful infusion of new blood plus the return of previous players who had drifted away. I said something like the update would be like a steroid shot for the forum. So, no, I’m not overwhelmed by the people – they were anticipated & necessary to the ongoing health of this long-standing forum.

Nonetheless, you’re spot on when you speak of overwhelmed by the features as well as your comment about a “year’s worth of ideas in the pot at the same time” though I’d replace the word “ideas” with “frogs.” Few new ideas, IMO, (no Express Nursery, no larger catalog, no additional habs, bigger mailbox, etc.) were actually introduced. The only one I can point to, aside from GC, was the dreaded “potions for taming.” If NB were to take my suggestion & make this an *option*, it’d go a long way towards restoring my enjoyment of the game.

Quote:
But I digress. First off, I think this community enjoys your presence and comments, and would have no qualms about your continued posting regardless of gifting or presents or whatnot.
Your comment is most kind, Jerutix. It just may not jibe with my concept of what a forum member does.

Quote:
Second, with the renewed interest and massive update, all the legacy players of this game have to reestablish their goals within the game. Many of you have already had every frog breed for over a year and had established daily and weekly patterns that brought you zen within the game. Those have been broken. You may need to step away for a time to decide how to proceed.
And, indeed, that’s what I’m doing: stepping away & thinking. Trying to devise in my mind a way to rediscover the pleasure I once enjoyed so very much while finding a means to be fair to everyone & true to myself.

Quote:
Finally, everything will settle. It may take a month or two, but a new status quo will be put in place. Once that comes, the joy which the game previously brought will, hopefully, return.
I so hope you’re right. What could help most immediately? NB fixing the needless explosion of “notifications” & making “potions for taming” an option. Not using the newer, more expensive frogs in Weekly Sets for quite a while. To do so now would split the users into the “haves” & the “have nots" -- bad idea. NB is to be commended for NOT having included them so far.

Quote:
So feel free to ignore friend requests. And delete some friends while you are at it. Take time to decide what you want your PF experience to be. In essence, don't waste your time with a diversion that becomes a chore.
And that is precisely what I am trying to do: figure out what PF experience would give me the most pleasure while not gobbling up my free time or becoming a chore. If I want a chore, I can rake the lawn or take out the garbage.

Again, I thank you for your well-reasoned suggestions. They were much appreciated.

p.s.: I have reciprocated to all those who might not have read the forum or seen my status (NO GIFTING – PLEASE !!). At this point, I will NOT BE RECIPROCATING AT ALL, FOR ANYTHING.

p.p.s.: Half of finally redeemed Harvest Set sent out. Enjoy!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:25 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiNZ View Post
GC being a dick this morning with the latest update, neighbours list taking at least 10 seconds to appear, sometimes not at all. I'm sending out the latest Spira gifts, could people confirm they're coming in?
Spira received, thank you
Old 11-20-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean288367 View Post
Spira received, thank you
Great. The delay seems to have reduced to just a couple of seconds as well . Shame GC can't *just work*.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:32 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

@ Spearcom: I know someone already claimed the Templum wheel, but if you have any spare Templums left after the wheel is gifted, could I have a few? Thanks; I'm almost done with Glacio and I'd like to take on one of the new breeds as my next dexing project. If you don't have spares, that's fine too.

Thanks to all of my awesome trading friends! I'll get the update on my iPod ASAP so I can finally scratch my itch to reciprocate.

A good night to all. -BW
Old 11-20-2012, 09:36 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
GC being a dick this morning with the latest update, neighbours list taking at least 10 seconds to appear, sometimes not at all. I'm sending out the latest Spira gifts, could people confirm they're coming in?

At least the update replaced one broken multiplayer system with another broken one, that's one area we don't have to worry about change lol .
I agree with you on that. It's hard to decide between Plus+ and GC; that is, which is the lesser of the two evils.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:56 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Heh, we're all crazy .

I breed to one primary with whatever else it needs to finish that primary, and then replace that one with a new primary of the same secondary, yes by anura means.

Definitely checking dex every time. Tap frog, tap breed, tap the frog to breed, then breed confirmation, then tap menu and dex ... you get rather quick at it lol, but it would be nice to have a live dex count in hab view!!
Got it thanks, I like this plan, going to try it when I'm finished Fortuno. Will send you a couple, just sell them (seeing as you're so poor ) and don't need to send back.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:00 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by meplie View Post
Here is my color wheel. <snip>
Thanks for the explanation, have copied your list. If MartiNZ's "royal rumble" is too disorganized for me I'm going with this.
Sending fortunos, feel free to sell, no returns, thanks.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:00 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awboj View Post
Thanks for the explanation, have copied your list. If MartiNZ's "royal rumble" is too disorganized for me I'm going with this.
Sending fortunos, feel free to sell, no returns, thanks.
Your welcome and thanks for the frogs
Old 11-21-2012, 03:49 AM
iPhone 4

thank you
aqua fortuno & purple axis - sneeb
glass tabula - heeranc
tangelo fortuno - grace
glass emblema - awboj
black mustacium & 2 black forutunos - andi
marine nebula - lisi
emerald aceris - dean