Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSport70 View Post
Since we are all fans of racing games here I would like to ask a question. Would anyone be interested in a rally racing game on the iPhone? There are a few already but none are all that good. I would like to get people to go onto the Real Racing Facebook page and request that they consider developing a rally game that they could simply call Real Rally. I also think that Invictus, the developers of Race Of Champions could also make a good rally game. Maybe the two developers could team up to create an amazing rally game! Spread the word!
To be really honest, I don't like rally at all. What kind of format? A proper race or a la the WRC which actually isn't a proper race?

The reason I don't like it is because of the car handling...to much of drifting is required. Same reason I don't like drift racing games.

I grew up spending about 50% of my time on the PS2 on Formula One (the other 50% on PES!!), and am a F1 fan at heart (missed less than 10 races since 2003).

Thing is, I like having total control and downforce, hence playing F1 games. Where cornering entry etc is paramount to a fast lap.

I never liked saloon/GT racing, but since there was no F1 and the closest that comes to iOS is RR, I play that. Not bad, but I'd die for F1 any day!

PS: Heard of F1 Race Stars? I thought they should have brought that to mobile...it just won't get much traction on PC as there are not many casual gamers left there.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:43 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
To be really honest, I don't like rally at all. What kind of format? A proper race or a la the WRC which actually isn't a proper race?

The reason I don't like it is because of the car handling...to much of drifting is required. Same reason I don't like drift racing games.

I grew up spending about 50% of my time on the PS2 on Formula One (the other 50% on PES!!), and am a F1 fan at heart (missed less than 10 races since 2003).

Thing is, I like having total control and downforce, hence playing F1 games. Where cornering entry etc is paramount to a fast lap.

I never liked saloon/GT racing, but since there was no F1 and the closest that comes to iOS is RR, I play that. Not bad, but I'd die for F1 any day!

PS: Heard of F1 Race Stars? I thought they should have brought that to mobile...it just won't get much traction on PC as there are not many casual gamers left there.
F1 2011 is on iOS, has been for ages but IMO it isn't great. F1 race stars would be perfect for iOS and Vita, I still don't get why it wasn't released for these???
I would love a decent rally game on iOS, I thing Firemonkeys would do an awesome job.
On topic, I have only played a few minutes of ROC world, but it seems pretty decent. My only gripe is why no iPhone/iPod 5 support on the display( unless I'm missing something)
Old 11-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
F1 2011 is on iOS, has been for ages but IMO it isn't great. F1 race stars would be perfect for iOS and Vita, I still don't get why it wasn't released for these???
I would love a decent rally game on iOS, I thing Firemonkeys would do an awesome job.
On topic, I have only played a few minutes of ROC world, but it seems pretty decent. My only gripe is why no iPhone/iPod 5 support on the display( unless I'm missing something)
F1 2011 on iOS is a big pile of sh*t. Shameful effort. I really hope a version of F1 Race Stars comes to mobile soon enough.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:23 AM

It looks so amazing!

Last edited by bfg900; 11-21-2012 at 03:28 AM..
Old 11-21-2012, 07:11 AM

I finally downloaded last nights. Took it for a test drive this morning. It is a great improvement over the first game so far. I like the glare of the lights on the windshield in cockpit view! I can't to see what else was updated!

UPDATE: THE GAME IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

Last edited by GSport70; 11-21-2012 at 09:17 AM..
Old 11-21-2012, 07:13 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
can someone please post this game running on ipad 4 screen(video gameplay)? i want to see the graphics. thanks.
Dunno if this is any good?... captured with WiFi Mac app called Reflection. Frame rate is better than this in reality.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 11-21-2012 at 03:43 PM..
Old 11-21-2012, 10:24 AM

I don't think I've seen anybody ask this yet, but how many cars/tracks are there in the game? Is it enough to not get stale after an hour or so of play?
Old 11-21-2012, 10:30 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Not on the game but I think there is about
8 cars
9 tracks
Old 11-21-2012, 03:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
Not on the game but I think there is about
8 cars
9 tracks
Close
I count 9 tracks, 10 cars
Old 11-21-2012, 03:53 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
ps. @baracus, if you dont mind can you please record the third person view(the whole car body) and from another stage maybe.
Here you go This is the New York track as you can tell by the Statue of Liberty of course hehe

Youtube link | Pop Up

...and I've noticed from this view that there IS some damage (cosmetic)

I reinstalled the original game to compare, and the graphics are certainly much better here when you see it on device but it's not that different really everywhere else even down to most of the UI icons being the same. In fact, the steering was a bit more steady on the original even though it felt a bit too much like you were just rotating the view rather than driving a big piece of metal along