Best Uses for a $150 marketing budget

11-16-2012, 02:37 PM
#21
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverous View Post
$150.

I recommend staying away from Ads.

In my opinion, you are literally going against big boys with lotsa $$ to burn in advertising. And i believe it's because of them.. Pay per click costs varies in different countries and at different period of the day.

Based on my previous experience, my ads have not visibility when I was bidding at $0.50 per click in USA. I had to raise it to approx $1.00 before the Ads gain visibility.

Of course if you choose some other country, it may have been cheaper. but assuming its USA... $150.. $1 per click.. thats going to be 150 clicks. And maybe a click rate of 10%.. thats 15 people clicking and landing on your app description page. (and no guaranteed downloads....)

Totally not worth it.

Like some of recommended... I would suggest save the $150, and instead spend more time to build your own audience community through forums, social media etc. Slow but steady growth.

just my 2cents worth.
I believe ads can work, it all depends on which network you advertise on. Some will allow you to just buy a spot for a month for a x $ amount, and no extra charge on the CTR.

I would recamend ads, you don't need to go $$$ crazy either
11-16-2012, 03:53 PM
#22
If you have limited budget, I would suggest if you could contact different app review sites (Maniacdev has compiled 100+ review sites) and make a pitch for your app (AppDesignVault has a template for a pitch) hoping to get reviewed.

Get your Android game reviewed on Games Reviewer.

11-17-2012, 02:11 AM
#23
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat3ck View Post
If you have limited budget, I would suggest if you could contact different app review sites (Maniacdev has compiled 100+ review sites) and make a pitch for your app (AppDesignVault has a template for a pitch) hoping to get reviewed.
Thanks for the info, I've seen this page before. We have to remember that there are more than a few hundred apps review requests sent to web sites for reviews. some reviewers could be backlogged too.

but good info none the less thanks
11-18-2012, 10:28 PM
#24
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPX View Post
I believe ads can work, it all depends on which network you advertise on. Some will allow you to just buy a spot for a month for a x $ amount, and no extra charge on the CTR.

I would recamend ads, you don't need to go $$$ crazy either
What are some of the Ad network that you have tried?
11-19-2012, 12:17 AM
#25
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverous View Post
What are some of the Ad network that you have tried?
Check out http://buysellads.com

And look for gaming sites
11-19-2012, 06:25 PM
#26
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 122
Send a message via Skype™ to ns804apps
while I agree that 150 is a very little budget, I would recommend Facebook adds where you can set a daily budget of10 dollars a day for 10 days and run your ad with an offer of a 25 dollar gift card raffle to anyone who likes your page. That will at least grow your audience. and you will have 25 left over, to reduce the budget to 5 dollars a day for another 5 days. If done correctly and your target your proper audience you should generate 10-40 likes daily which is 10-40 people that get exposure to your game that may not of heard of it before.

Although a larger budget would help you can accomplish something with a small budget. Hope that helps.

Good Luck
11-20-2012, 11:30 AM
#27
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns804apps View Post
while I agree that 150 is a very little budget, I would recommend Facebook adds where you can set a daily budget of10 dollars a day for 10 days and run your ad with an offer of a 25 dollar gift card raffle to anyone who likes your page. That will at least grow your audience. and you will have 25 left over, to reduce the budget to 5 dollars a day for another 5 days. If done correctly and your target your proper audience you should generate 10-40 likes daily which is 10-40 people that get exposure to your game that may not of heard of it before.

Although a larger budget would help you can accomplish something with a small budget. Hope that helps.

Good Luck
Good point on Facebook, but it's better to target gamers directly on a site or two. Facebook is too big and the ads could be showing up to the wrong people.
11-20-2012, 12:24 PM
#28
Hi poisenden,

What about try to use PRMac.com (http://www.prmac.com)?
With $22.50 you can buy some PR service. It is not a very good service, but it very cheap.
You could also buy some banners here http://www.buysellads.com
Cheers!
11-20-2012, 07:26 PM
#29
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 122
Send a message via Skype™ to ns804apps
@epx I agree and disagree on Facebook if you utilize the tools properly Facebook allows you to not only narrow the people seeing your page add by device, but by gamer and game category or style. you can tailor who sees your add for a much smaller market to drive better results. at the same time you are getting impressions that hopefully share with their social friends. My two cents anyway. It goes to building your social foot print and audience which allows for future growth.
11-20-2012, 10:35 PM
#30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns804apps View Post
@epx I agree and disagree on Facebook if you utilize the tools properly Facebook allows you to not only narrow the people seeing your page add by device, but by gamer and game category or style.
Did Facebook Ad Tool allow that?
By device? By Game category too?
I don't see on my Facebook Ad Manager. =0