Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-21-2012, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksFANjason View Post
Why? I said I was a fan of the series, I never said I worshipped it and knew everything about it. Maybe it was a poor choice of words to say "all things oddworld". I enjoy the games.
Maybe it's just me, but being an average fan when I found out the entire series was getting remade by just add water, I got quite excited so I just figured anyone else who was a fan would be too.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:14 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetaspawn View Post
Maybe it's just me, but being an average fan when I found out the entire series was getting remade by just add water, I got quite excited so I just figured anyone else who was a fan would be too.
I would likely have been excited as well. I just never heard that news. I don't really frequent many console videogame-related sites anymore. Anyway, my OP must have been misleading because I'd say I'm probably an average or below-average Oddworld fan. I played the 2 on PSX multiple times and some of Stranger's Wrath. I enjoyed both but that's about it. I guess my comment about being a fan of "all things Oddworld" was more intended to mean that I have enjoyed SOME of the games and that I love the style. There's something Tim Burtonesque about them that's pleasant to me. I never meant to imply that I knew the ins and outs of the series completely. My bad.

Last edited by ducksFANjason; 11-21-2012 at 01:17 PM..
Old 11-21-2012, 01:32 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
And having recently played every game in the franchise, I don't think any of them would translate very well to touch at all, too many commands are needed as well as some extremely precise controls. It's no great loss for them to not be on iOS, I just don't see any of them working at all. Maybe a spin off of munch's odyssey that's more of a strategy game may work, ordering the fuzzles around, but none of the main games would work very well without physical controls
Looks like that dev is gonna lose on that next gamble then.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Looks like that dev is gonna lose on that next gamble then.
I'd have to disagree with you there, the HD remakes have been getting a whole bunch of attention. Strangers wrath is not more than a month or so from being available on vita, and every other remake is announced for the vita. I'm excited to essentially have a portable oddworld device. They just need to spread them beyond Sony and steam.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:52 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
I'd have to disagree with you there, the HD remakes have been getting a whole bunch of attention. Strangers wrath is not more than a month or so from being available on vita, and every other remake is announced for the vita. I'm excited to essentially have a portable oddworld device. They just need to spread them beyond Sony and steam.
Heh-Heh! You're a good employee.... Good luck with that.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Heh-Heh! You're a good employee.... Good luck with that.
Yeah, because a developer has nothing better to do than to come onto a mobile gaming site for a platform where none of their actual games are for sale and sit here and talk to you people, I'm far more pathetic than that. I'm a normal person who is excited for something I enjoyed many years ago and was sad when it faded away. How dare I enjoy something while on the Internet without being paid off to do so, forgive me.

I think the game speak thing is dumb and pointless, but I do understand what they are trying to accomplish and that they desperately want oddworld to finally be successful this time, so they are trying anything they can think of, and right now making a semi advertisement/interactive side project thing for iOS is something that's quite popular right now, and they are too tiny of a developer to give it away for free.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:29 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

The Abe's Oddysee remake is going to give my empty, miserable life meaning once more. I'd play it on iPad just because, but I'd also have to own it on a platform with a more reliable control setup.