★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "5/5, If you like classic arcade gaming, this is tops!" - padgadget.com

"Quite a beautiful game" - toucharcade.com

"4/5, Its a great port/adaptation of a classic and is bound to please long time fans and newcomers alike" - 148apps.com 

A classic reborn, Boulder Dash®-XL updates the best 80s action-puzzler with cutting-edge graphics and gameplay.
With over 100 caves of frantic robo-mining fun across 5 game modes including Retro caves! As mining robots Rockford or Crystal dig, dynamite, push and puzzle to the exit as fast as you can - but watch out for many types of roaming monsters determined to block your delving delight. Crush them with boulders, blast them with dynamite or just run away! And, yes, this is the exact same game thats on Xbox 360 and PC! Who needs a console when you can have a cutting edge game in the palm of your hand? With puzzle, retro and arcade modes, two robots to control, a variety of exciting and dangerous monsters, leaderboards, achievements, and wonderful gadgets, Boulder Dash®-XL is an action-puzzler youll really dig.

Game features:

Cutting edge graphics
Puzzling enemies
100 caves to explore
5 game modes, including retro!
Left-handed controls also supported
Highscore tables and achievements

FOLLOW US: http://twitter.com/herocraft
WATCH US: http://youtube.com/herocraft
LIKE US: http://www.facebook.com/herocraft.games

strivemind's comments:

11-21-2012, 06:23 AM
Very happy this is out ! Thought it might be a NZ release but nope its out.

Huge fan of Boulderdash, hope this ones decent ! Looks good from the videos, looking forward to playing this later

Edit - Had a quick go, got a few different control options, love the retro mode !

Does seem quite slow but i 'presume' its just because its the early levels. But a lot of variety to it, hope it speeds up later

Last edited by psj3809; 11-21-2012 at 06:36 AM.

11-21-2012, 06:28 AM
Someone gimme a heads up on iPad retina please. Without it I'd rather go for the PC version.
11-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Yes, so excited this is finally out!

Now playing: Working my way through the best retro games recently re-relased including Sonic, Raiden Legacy, Blazing Star and more. Keep them coming! And revisiting all Orange Pixel titles...
11-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Tried the retro mode straight away, seems quite slow compared to the original. Wonder if it speeds up later

Everything else seems good so far but perhaps i'm in a 'beginner' mode or something, just needs a bit more speed
11-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Until I get the all-clear on whether or not linking to live streams is allowed, I'll just sneakily suggest that it's happening right now with this game. If you're interested you'll know what to do

Edit: Stream finished.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Last edited by MidianGTX; 11-21-2012 at 09:39 AM.
11-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Only tried retro and looks exactly as I remembered. Didn't like the joystick but see there's virtual buttons which may be better. Would love iCade on this. Rockford rules.
11-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Not much attention for this one today. Might have to give it a go. Interesting.
11-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Yep...surprisingly for once in my life I've held out on buying something in order for some impressions to roll in, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen with this one. Odd considering it's Boulder Dash.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
11-22-2012, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
And adding the fact that it's £1.99...this is going to struggle to sell.

If it was 69p it would sell more than what it probably currently is.

Boulderdash was a cool little game back in the day..but it'll get swamped and lost forever in the app store at its current price.