Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 11-21-2012, 05:03 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Have to agree, though I have gotten so used to relative touch controls on iOS that using the stick feels a bit imprecise and slow -- not saying that the controls are bad! Some of the boss encounters do feel bullet hell-like (which I like) but without the clearly defined hit area (which I don't). I do like the time mechanic and the fact that there's a rich back story.

I say money well spent, at least for now. Now all I need is a few reviews of Persona 4 .
Shmups are one of the only cases where I sometimes prefer touch controls over physical sticks and buttons, but only for vertical ones. I think horizontal shmups such as Sine Mora play much better with sticks.

There are quite a few reviews for P4G already, nearly all stellar (metascore of 94!).
Old 11-21-2012, 08:20 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Thanks for the impressions guys. I'm sure Rockstar will make some games for the Vita eventually. I think I read somewhere they planned on releasing something for it.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:13 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0130j03 View Post
Thanks for the impressions guys. I'm sure Rockstar will make some games for the Vita eventually. I think I read somewhere they planned on releasing something for it.
They tweeted over a year ago that they had gotten Vita dev kits and were in the process of developing a game for the Vita or something like that.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianOrb View Post
Shmups are one of the only cases where I sometimes prefer touch controls over physical sticks and buttons, but only for vertical ones. I think horizontal shmups such as Sine Mora play much better with sticks.

There are quite a few reviews for P4G already, nearly all stellar (metascore of 94!).
I'm sure I'll get used to them. It's a gorgeous I game, in any event.

Thanks for the tip on P4G. I'll probably hold off for a couple of weeks (want to give AC:L a bit more of a chance), but I'll definitely pick it up soon.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:26 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygamr View Post
They tweeted over a year ago that they had gotten Vita dev kits and were in the process of developing a game for the Vita or something like that.
Yep that's the one
Old 11-22-2012, 06:04 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I'm really pleased with the Firmware version 2 I'm convinced everything is faster now not only the browser.

I've been watching movies on the Vita the last few days and one of the things I noticed before the update was a my bluetooth Speaker was slightly out of sync and pretty much useless with the Vita although it always worked fine with my phone.

Tried it again and everything syncs up perfectly, it's actually working well enough that it has made me reconsider buying a Nexus 7 I think between the vita and my Phone I've all bases covered.

Basicly I think the update has turned the Vita into a much better device all round it actually feels like a quadcore now.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:47 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Now to sell my black one.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:22 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post

Looks like if they ever make a PS Vita Slim or some other updated version of the Vita I may have to buy a white one. (that would stand out from all the black, sliver and dark red-black mobile devices, laptops, ... in my room.)
Old 11-24-2012, 04:40 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:

I'm so jealous right now... My black one feels dumb now
Old 11-25-2012, 03:44 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:

$179.99 deal from Amazon???

I've been debating wether to buy one,or buy a iPad 4/mini.But the Black Friday deal was a BEST-BUY deal.I have every device of mine in black (PS3,iPhone 4S,iPad 2,iPod touch 5,my monitor,TV,but only this will be white one )

I bought Uncharted : GA and Most Wanted for it.SO for only ~$274 I got the White Limited PS Vita,4GB memory card,AC 3 : L,Uncharted,Most Wanted,and today I got an email from Amazon that as a gift for my purchase they gave me Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale and 3 months of PS+ service (3x1 month code) FOR FREE.How sweet from Amazon.

Did you got this email from them,or you bought from somewhere else?