iPad: Baldur's Gate Enhance Edition for iPad

11-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamshadow View Post
Right now, I'm assuming the game will go to Apple for review on the 28th. It's a shame, but that's keeping me sane for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
I'm talking about for ios. I'm sure they will release it for pc then, but unless the game was submitted last week, it's not going to make the 28 th. Now if that's is going to be the date it's submitted to Apple it's going to b ed close if it makes it through before the end of the year.

Again, I really hope I'm wrong as this is one of my most anticipated games I'm just prepared to be disappointed on the 28th.
Well, we can't be sure, but I think they've thought it through and submitted the game already, or is very close to do it.

I will be disappointed, of course, like we'll all be, if BG won't be released on iOS until well into December, but I've pre-ordered the game for PC too, so I'll keep myself busy with that in the mean time.

Here's to hoping it'll make it onto iOS in November.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
11-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,380
At the forums at Baldursgate.com we've been anticipating a promised trailer and new screenshots for weeks now.
Today we finally got some exiting news.
Here's a quote from one of the developers:


Phillip Daigle

12:17AM

For those curious, here's the skinny: I have a batch of new media and video ready to go public, but I'm going to wait until pre-loading begins this week to release it at the same time. I know you guys want it right away, but unfortunately you'll need to wait just a tiny bit longer.

Regarding pre-loading, you'll be getting an email from Beamdog when it goes live in addition to an update here on the forums and on baldursgate.com. Expect it within 48 hours.


I can't wait!

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland

11-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,275
oh, forgot to mention....
from reading the article from a few posts back and on their forum,
If I am right, it said something about that they are working on an Update 1 already.. so I am asuming it's out the door
11-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
oh, forgot to mention....
from reading the article from a few posts back and on their forum,
If I am right, it said something about that they are working on an Update 1 already.. so I am asuming it's out the door
I assume you're talking about DLC's?
A very knowledgeable member on the official forums have stated that the previously shrouded in rumor, the famous "Y Adventure" will be released as DLC.

It's supposed to be a fairly lengthy adventure expanding on the Bhall story.
I'm very exited about this!

There was an "X Adventure". That became "The Black Pits", which is shipped with the game on release day.
It's a stand alone adventure, where you either create a new party just for that, or import your in-game party to play.
It's tailor made for co-op multiplayer, but can be enjoyed solo too.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
11-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
I assume you're talking about DLC's?
A very knowledgeable member on the official forums have stated that the previously shrouded in rumor, the famous "Y Adventure" will be released as DLC.

It's supposed to be a fairly lengthy adventure expanding on the Bhall story.
I'm very exited about this!

There was an "X Adventure". That became "The Black Pits", which is shipped with the game on release day.
It's a stand alone adventure, where you either create a new party just for that, or import your in-game party to play.
It's tailor made for co-op multiplayer, but can be enjoyed solo too.
So awesome! I cannot wait for the x-platform multiplayer as ill have it on my ipad and my friend will have it on his pc
11-21-2012, 07:05 AM
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,766
Good news about the new UI then! I'm quite excited about that. Obviously I wasn't expecting the gameplay assets to be redone in HD, but as long as the pixels are sharp and not just blown up by a random percentage that fuzzes them out, I'll be happy. When I say "retina support" I really just mean crisp edges and lines. If an 8-bit game scales up perfectly to the dimensions of the new iPad I consider that retina support.
11-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Good news about the new UI then! I'm quite excited about that. Obviously I wasn't expecting the gameplay assets to be redone in HD, but as long as the pixels are sharp and not just blown up by a random percentage that fuzzes them out, I'll be happy. When I say "retina support" I really just mean crisp edges and lines. If an 8-bit game scales up perfectly to the dimensions of the new iPad I consider that retina support.
Agreed. No filtering please!
11-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Italy
Posts: 2,271
Brand new trailer.
Game is 1.8Gb on PC.


Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Pitta; 11-22-2012 at 02:06 PM.
11-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
Brand new trailer.
Game is 1.8Gb on PC.

YouTube: video
Yeah, it's a great trailer!
I've pre-loaded the game myself, so I'm ready to rock & roll on the 28'th.

If you're interested in reading the new manuals, look no further:
http://www.baldursgate.com/manuals.en.html

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
11-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
Brand new trailer.
Game is 1.8Gb on PC.

YouTube: video
Pure unadulterated awesomeness. Here's hoping the iPad version ships on the 28th as well!