Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Site Feedback and News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2012, 01:32 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Content Unlock System

Hi fellow Touch Arcade members and moderators , this is my first feedback here so forgive me if I make a mistake.

Now that's out of the way I would like the TA moderators and site developers to ponder over this issue that I am about to tell as it can be a serious matter at times.A developer posts promo codes here in the promo codes and contests section and in return expects the person who redeems the code to leave a feedback on that post as it can not be reviewed on the app store.He atleast deserves a thanks for not only sharing the code and giving you the app for free but the time he spent on developing the app so we could spend our spare time without getting bored.But when the developer returns after posting whether it be a whole batch of 50 codes or just 5 to 10 codes he expects a response but what he gets either a thanks or two or if its really a camping day , then all codes used with a few saying oh thanks for sharing but looks like all codes have been used. I my self have been in this situation a lot of times!

So now what is my point ? I would like the staff to introduce a content unlock system where only registered members can unlock the content ( perhaps could only be applied to promo codes section ) .That user will have to reply with thanks in order to unlock the content which will give him the codes and he can use one for himeself.You can add it in the rules that in order to unlock the hidden content you can not post random comment like "shdjdj" if you know what I mean.If its possible you can also add a reputation system but I don't think thats much important just a comment unlock system would be enough so the developer knows he is being noticed and not that people are selfishly lurking the codes.

I know this means more work for the developer to post codes , more work for site developers , more work for the moderators and for the users who are trying to get a code but at the end of the day it will surely help the ios community and we are here just for that , aren't we? I would like to thank all those who read this and looking forward to a response.If I have made a mistake here let me know and I'll try to fix that.

mkpred