★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Slenderman! Chapter 1: Alone

11-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlem View Post
I know... I know... Not another Slenderman game. Well, I tried to do better than what was on the store and so far the iTunes reviews are pretty good.

I have to say that I'm impressed with the reviews. Even the 1 3 star reviewer left me a paragraph of really helpful suggestions.

The best slender game on my ph...
5 stars
No lag, there's notes unlike all the other apps. Worth $1.00

5 stars
Finally, a good slender man app!!!!!!
Best Slenderman Game!

5 stars
This is the best Slenderman game in the App Store! It actually draws in your interest and gets you s...
Not so laggy

5 stars
This game doesnt lag as much when you play. Also it's kinda scary when you get a page. GREAT JOB!
Awesome..but

5 stars
Great game but it keeps flipping upside-down if its supposed to do that I don't like it and make ...
I take it you're the dev? Sorry, it's just that a bunch of users (including myself) are jaded from being burned after we've put money in these games with no discernible difference between the "how the game is supposed to be made!" or "better than what's on the store" tags.

Screenshots don't say anything for this specific genre of game, everything is black and white with Slenderman on the corner of the screen, every single game has those screenshots I'm afraid. Some gameplay video would definitely help though.

Good luck with your game nonetheless.
11-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Totally agree, this one could be quite good but would rather see a video

11-23-2012, 08:32 AM
I bet this is what Chapter 2 will be about !
11-23-2012, 08:37 AM
I say slendergames go free no more paid slender cause its not worth it i admit rising was decent and the vid to the other slender looks great but we are tired of slender if devlopers wanna make profit on a game here's two BIG steps:

One:if you do a TD (tower defense) make one unique and not a typical standard TD game (which we have seen to often)

Two:there's more scary stuff out there than slenderman how about make up a myth the mind can be imagative and scary at the same time use it.

But hey if you wanna have hard sales make a slender game why not.

By the way maybe the new batch of the games ARE good but that's how I see them a batch and I'm sure the new ones are around the corner.

Last edited by bramblett05; 11-23-2012 at 08:43 AM.
11-23-2012, 08:44 AM
Whats with all those crappy Slenderman games lately? Was the original game on PC/Mac really that good and well known that its worth ripping off?

Also I wonder when devs will realize that games on a mobile device will never be scary.
11-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Whats with all those crappy Slenderman games lately? Was the original game on PC/Mac really that good and well known that its worth ripping off?

Also I wonder when devs will realize that games on a mobile device will never be scary.
Never say never for scary its just they don't know how to make it scary if we a little F.e.a.r with a hint of silent hill and a part of dead space and put it into a blender and serve it then might work(headphones worn of course)
11-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post

Have you tried all of them ? Do you know theyre all crappy ? Granted a fair few are but i've bought two so far, one was very good, the other not too bad.

People have different taste in games and also how 'scary' they find games. Play some games with headphones in in the dark with the sound pumped right up and some games will make you jump a bit.
11-23-2012, 09:11 AM
I've played the original Slender: The Eight Pages (which was an ok game for what it was, I just wondered what the devs could have done had they've had a real budget) and couple of the rip-offs on iOS. They were all terrible so far. Not even close to the original. Which one you played was the very good one?

Maybe I'm not easily scared but I've played maybe a handful games in my life that I thought were genuinely terrifying (the Penumbra series, Silent Hill 2, Amnesia, Condemned 1&2 off the top of my head) most so called horror games are not scary (Dead Space, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil) because they are bad at building suspense and give you weapons to defend yourself with. Sorry but if I'm running around with an automatic assault rifle that hideous monster I'm up against isn't scary any more, its just cannon fodder.

I don't think a game on a mobile device can ever be scary (even with headphones and playing in the dark) thats just a limitation of the hardware. The screen is too small. Thats just my opinion based on the "horror" games I've played on iOS so far.
12-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
Good luck with your game nonetheless.
Thanks. Yes, I'm the developer.

I totally get it that people are tired of Slenderman. I do. I just thought that if someone was tired of it, they would just ignore my app.

Obviously, developers build on what's come before them and I tried to do that and add something unique to it. Hopefully, whatever polish and improvements I was able to come up with are worth someone's .99 cents and time.

I have to say I'm extremely flattered by the reviews (average 4.5/5 star) on the Apple AppStore, Google Play and Amazon. I think once people give it try, they seem to like it. It's a little game that tries to do whatever does well.

I'll be sure to put up a game play video right away.

The update is Under Review now and will, hopefully, be approved soon.
12-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
that one is from silent hill