Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-23-2012, 08:32 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I bet this is what Chapter 2 will be about !
Old 11-23-2012, 08:44 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Whats with all those crappy Slenderman games lately? Was the original game on PC/Mac really that good and well known that its worth ripping off?

Also I wonder when devs will realize that games on a mobile device will never be scary.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Whats with all those crappy Slenderman games lately? Was the original game on PC/Mac really that good and well known that its worth ripping off?

Also I wonder when devs will realize that games on a mobile device will never be scary.
Have you tried all of them ? Do you know theyre all crappy ? Granted a fair few are but i've bought two so far, one was very good, the other not too bad.

People have different taste in games and also how 'scary' they find games. Play some games with headphones in in the dark with the sound pumped right up and some games will make you jump a bit.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:11 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I've played the original Slender: The Eight Pages (which was an ok game for what it was, I just wondered what the devs could have done had they've had a real budget) and couple of the rip-offs on iOS. They were all terrible so far. Not even close to the original. Which one you played was the very good one?

Maybe I'm not easily scared but I've played maybe a handful games in my life that I thought were genuinely terrifying (the Penumbra series, Silent Hill 2, Amnesia, Condemned 1&2 off the top of my head) most so called horror games are not scary (Dead Space, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil) because they are bad at building suspense and give you weapons to defend yourself with. Sorry but if I'm running around with an automatic assault rifle that hideous monster I'm up against isn't scary any more, its just cannon fodder.

I don't think a game on a mobile device can ever be scary (even with headphones and playing in the dark) thats just a limitation of the hardware. The screen is too small. Thats just my opinion based on the "horror" games I've played on iOS so far.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
Good luck with your game nonetheless.
Thanks. Yes, I'm the developer.

I totally get it that people are tired of Slenderman. I do. I just thought that if someone was tired of it, they would just ignore my app.

Obviously, developers build on what's come before them and I tried to do that and add something unique to it. Hopefully, whatever polish and improvements I was able to come up with are worth someone's .99 cents and time.

I have to say I'm extremely flattered by the reviews (average 4.5/5 star) on the Apple AppStore, Google Play and Amazon. I think once people give it try, they seem to like it. It's a little game that tries to do whatever does well.

I'll be sure to put up a game play video right away.

The update is Under Review now and will, hopefully, be approved soon.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:21 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
that one is from silent hill
Old 12-04-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Totally agree, this one could be quite good but would rather see a video
I'll work on getting a game play video up ASAP.

What's the best way to give free codes away on Touch Arcade? Do you just post them all in Codes section and let people grab them?
Old 12-04-2012, 03:34 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlem View Post
Thanks. Yes, I'm the developer.

I totally get it that people are tired of Slenderman. I do. I just thought that if someone was tired of it, they would just ignore my app.

Obviously, developers build on what's come before them and I tried to do that and add something unique to it. Hopefully, whatever polish and improvements I was able to come up with are worth someone's .99 cents and time.

I have to say I'm extremely flattered by the reviews (average 4.5/5 star) on the Apple AppStore, Google Play and Amazon. I think once people give it try, they seem to like it. It's a little game that tries to do whatever does well.

I'll be sure to put up a game play video right away.

The update is Under Review now and will, hopefully, be approved soon.
To clarify, and I'm not speaking for anyone else, but I would suspect my feelings are fairly universal...

It's not so much being sick of actual Slenderman games as much as all the frauds that have recently flooded the market.

As for people just ignoring it, well, that's what people normally do, but TA can be, well, different.

Your presence in the forum speaks volumes, so I wouldn't worry too much about seeming legit.

Get some gameplay up, hang around, and all will be well...

Good luck with the game!

DBC
Old 12-04-2012, 03:39 PM

Thanks for the encouragement.

I'll hang around as much as can but working hard on updates!

Really, the most surprising thing I've found is that how awesome the comments on the reviews have been. People have left some amazingly helpful suggestions for improvement that I intend to implement ASAP.

I was shocked when one reviewer left a 3 star review but 2 paragraphs of detailed analysis with some great recommendations.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:40 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlem View Post
I'll work on getting a game play video up ASAP.

What's the best way to give free codes away on Touch Arcade? Do you just post them all in Codes section and let people grab them?
I would offer them via PM as you'll then have the names of who took them and can ask for their view

If you post them here they'll go instantly and I doubt you'll get much feedback at all