Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 04:21 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDDreams View Post
Pure unadulterated awesomeness. Here's hoping the iPad version ships on the 28th as well!
Unfortunately, according to Trent Oster's twitter, they've had some recent crash issues with iPad 1, so they had to re-submit to Apple yesterday.

I don't know if one week is enough to get through the approval process, but I sure hope it'll make it.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:36 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
Unfortunately, according to Trent Oster's twitter, they've had some recent crash issues with iPad 1, so they had to re-submit to Apple yesterday.

I don't know if one week is enough to get through the approval process, but I sure hope it'll make it.
Given the significance of the game, it's possible they may be able to get apple to prioritize it. Even if it's one week later though, I can wait.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:26 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Given the significance of the game, it's possible they may be able to get apple to prioritize it. Even if it's one week later though, I can wait.
I'm a bit worried though. The approval process is usually much longer leading up to the big Hollidays, and Hollidays don't come much bigger than Christmas...

I'm gonna play it on my pc too, but what I'm really looking forward to is playing BG on my iPad.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:19 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

And here we have a new interview with Trent Oster, which talks specifically about the touchscreen versions of BG and what changes were made to facilitate ease of gameplay.

The most relevant piece of info from the interview:

OF: What can we expect from the iPad edition from a UI standpoint? How do the enhancements to the game work into the iPad version?

Oster: The iPad UI had a few additional buttons, such as a hint button to help you see things you can interact with and a quicksave button to help you save the game often – which you should really do. We’ve also added a help screen which shows all the main UI buttons and what actions they perform. We re-worked the PC interface to obey touch interface rules, making the scroll bars touch scroll, the text touch scroll and bounce back, we changed the inspect item from a right click to a touch hold action. Touching the main screen sets the location for a character to walk to. Touch dragging moves the screen. After a few touches, the control becomes very intuitive on the Tablets.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:50 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

@Appletini
Yeah, it's an excellent interview.

There have been quite a few in the last month. Maybe a post with links to all of them is an idea?
I'll look into that...
Old 11-23-2012, 07:02 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Trent Oster on Sorcerers

Trent Oster at Shacknews

Trent Oster on PCGamer

Trent Oster on Tor

Trent Oster on RPGamer:

AMA on Reddit with Lead Writer Dave Gross

Trent at PocketTactics

Trent at Pcgamesn

Trent at Zero1Gaming

Trent on 1MoreCastle

Last edited by Bytebrain; 11-25-2012 at 03:36 AM..
Old 11-23-2012, 11:03 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

LOL, Trent's a busy guy. All that reading will make my Friday pass faster.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:18 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Has anyone played the game as an evil character? I never did. I was reading one of the interviews, and it briefly talked about this, making it sound like the progression toward the end changes quite a bit. How much is different if you play evil?
Old 11-23-2012, 12:56 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

New and very, very interesting interview where the journalist ask questions the other interviewers missed.

Go here.

I will add this to my previous post.

Last edited by Bytebrain; 11-23-2012 at 05:27 PM..
Old 11-23-2012, 01:00 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Has anyone played the game as an evil character? I never did. I was reading one of the interviews, and it briefly talked about this, making it sound like the progression toward the end changes quite a bit. How much is different if you play evil?
I've only played the game through once, and that was as a good guy.
Reading about the game at their forums, nothing much changes if you play as evil, except for some different dreams in the game, and your reputation which influences people's reactions to you in the game. Most will react negative and some violent to you if you're evil enough...

Edit:
Also, if you have a party with conflicting alignments, sometimes fights ensue, and/or some may leave the party.
It's a balance act sometimes.
You can donate at temples to raise your reputation if it gets too low, or kill innocent bystanders if it gets too high for liking...

Last edited by Bytebrain; 11-23-2012 at 01:16 PM..

Closed Thread