• Publisher: Matt Rix
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 7.7 MB
  • Version: 1.66
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (9)
App description: Trainyard has the best user review scores on the entire App Store!

+ Innovative and challenging puzzle mechanic
+ Smooth difficulty curve
+ 100 main puzzles and over 50 bonus puzzles
+ Hundreds of ways to solve each puzzle
+ Puzzle editor: create your own puzzles
+ Retina display support
+ Easily share your unique solutions on Trainyard.ca
+ Looks GREAT on the iPad
+ Engineered for low battery usage
+ Colour-blind mode
+ Game Center support
+ A year in the making
+ Developed in my spare time (support indie games!)

[NOTE: there is a bug in iOS 8 where the game will freeze after a puzzle. To fix it, press Credits -> Rate It. You do not need to actually rate the game, just pressing that button will fix it. Sorry! ]

Stuck on a puzzle? Visit http://trainyard.ca/solutions where there are over *1.5 million* player-submitted solutions.

Trainyard is a puzzle solving game unlike any that you've ever played. It's easy to learn but very tough to master. Your job is simple: get each train to a goal station. Red trains go to red stations, blue trains go to blue stations, etc. You control the trains by drawing track for them to follow. There isn't a time limit or even a score; the only thing you need to do is figure out a solution for each puzzle.

The first few puzzles are almost too easy, but as the difficulty increases you'll be thankful that you were able to practice the fundamentals of drawing track. As the game progresses, you'll have to use colour theory to combine trains of different colours, use timing to merge and split trains, and use every inch of your brain in your quest to beat the game.

Find out more at http://www.trainyard.ca

Developed by Matt Rix (matt@trainyard.ca)

Proudly made in Canada.

Think you beat the whole game? Try to solve all the bonus puzzles! Done that? Try to match the track counts on http://trainyard.ca/solutions

Trainyard makes use of these excellent libraries:

+ Cocos2D-iPhone by Ricardo Quesada
+ XAuthTwitterEngine by Aral Balkan
+ Twitter+OAuth code by Ben Gottlieb
+ MGTwitterEngine by Matt Gemmell
+ ASIHTTPRequest by All-Seeing Interactive
+ SFHFKeychainUtils by Buzz Andersen
+ TouchXML by Jonathan Wight
+ FMDB by Flying Meat Inc.

Prab's comments:

11-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricGrandpa View Post
No, I don't know why it crashed in the first place, but you shouldn't have to delete and reinstall.

Try going to this link on your device, it'll clean up and repair the Trainyard state: http://trainyard.ca/system/utils/cleanState.html

Let me know if that works for you.
I'm having the same exact issue and that link did not work for me. Help!
03-06-2012, 11:10 AM
I made an in-depth guide to Trainyard that y'all might enjoy:

cliambrown.com/trainyard/introduction

03-08-2012, 09:05 AM
It would be great if you can give us your Id from Trainyard ( The number that follows "Anon" ) so we can find your puzzles in there... unless you know an easier way...

Thanks
03-08-2012, 09:10 AM
It would be great if you can give us your Id from Trainyard ( The number that follows "Anon" ) so we can find your puzzles in there... unless you know an easier way...

Thanks
06-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Clean State

Hey Matt,
The link you provided to clean the state of the OS to fix a game crash is no longer working. The address bar just shows the address www.trainyard.ca/fail and takes you to the Trainyard homepage. Is this a website issue?
I can't open my game and want to play!
Thanks.
06-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Yeah the site is currently totally broken right now, I'm in the process of trying to get it fixed.

In the meantime, this cleanState link should work: http://matt-rix.com/cleanState.html

I made Trainyard and Disco Zoo. You might like them!

@MattRix | @Trainyard | @Milkbag
06-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Is there any way to transfer progress from the lite version to the paid one?
06-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTac View Post
Is there any way to transfer progress from the lite version to the paid one?
They actually have completely different puzzles from each other, so there really isn't a way to transfer the progress over. If you've finished most/all of the express puzzles, you'll be able to breeze through the first few sets of puzzles in the full game really really quickly.

I made Trainyard and Disco Zoo. You might like them!

@MattRix | @Trainyard | @Milkbag
11-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Why is Focus Pocus worth 25 stars

It's soooooo easy. It's one of the easiest bonus puzzles by far I don't understand why it's in the last world AND worth 25 stars.
11-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Game Center Sync across devices?

I play Trainyard on both my iPhone and iPad. Both are logged into Game Center. But progress and achievements do not sync between the devices.

Is this a bug? Or something wrong with my setup? Or are they not meant to sync?